Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Leah

Thank God Jake just saved me back there.

I didn't know what to do or how to walk away without making a scene.

"Hey you ok? You look a little pale" Jake asked as we walked inside the large white room.

"Yeah. I'm ok" I looked around the room until my eyes landed on my one true love... food!

"I just need some food I" I said smiling to him.

He let it go and took my arm to escort me over to the platters of meats and cheeses. It all looked so amazing. I have to check I wasn't drooling.

I filled my plate with as much food as I could and Jake did the same. We laughed at each other before walking over to an empty table.

There were the most beautiful wild flowers everywhere, making the place look so bright and summery. I loved the summer, the hot sun on your face, and the smell of the cut grass.

You know when it's summer when everyone is drinking the same drink, that I loved...PIMMS.

"Do you mind if we go and sit with my family? Their waving us over" Jake asked pointing to the corner.

Walking over to the large table in the corner, were a group of people all around my age a laughing and joking. They looked friendly and looked like they were having the best time.

Not like the other young people that were here, I thought, who looked like a smile would break their face. They all looked so serious and boring and... hungry.

"No, I don't mind" I answered honestly. Although I did start to wonder if his family would judge the amount of food on my plate.

"Hey guys" Jake said pulling a chair out of me and then sat down. He was such a gentleman. I smiled him a thanks.

"Everyone this is Leah, my future wife, according to mother" everyone around the table boast out laughing.

"Wow, am I really that laughable" I said laughing along with them.

"Sorry Leah, but just the thought of my brother finding someone to actually marry him is unbelievable to us" one of the guys said. He had blonde hair and was very tall and slim.

There was a girl sitting between me and the blonde guy, who didn't laugh along with the group but just smiled shyly. I could tell that she didn't find the joke funny. She looked upset. Her eyes looked like she had been crying a little. I looked at her for a bit before Jake started to introduce me to everyone, starting on his right going around the table.

"Leah, this is one of my best friends and team members Connor" this guy was the same size and shape as Jake. Again another rugby player that was attractive, I've been watching the wrong channel!

He smiled warmly at me with a smile saying hello.

"This is Lilly my sister" she waved at me. She looked familiar, like I'd seen her before but I couldn't remember where. "Lilly is a model" Jake said again.

Oh that was it! She's in all the Ella and UK Vogue magazines that I read. She was one of the best. She was gorgeous! I mean really pretty!

She wasn't one of the models like Jess. Stick thin and ware hardy nothing. She was wearing a bright coloured jumpsuit and looked amazing. She looked like Katy Perry.

Moving around the table again Jake pointed to another guy. "This is my brother Paul, he just came back from travelling Asia"

"WOW that's amazing" I said looking over at him. "Did you have fun?" I asked