Chapter 16

Y/n's pov

Me and Mobius are waiting for Ravonna to come out of the Time-Keepers place.

"I wonder where Loki went..." I trailed off.

"Oh stop it Y/n that's all you talk about. I'm sure we'll find him soon." Mobius says while rolling his eyes.

"I know, I know!" I scolded "But I'm worried about him..... T-that's all." I stuttered, kind of lying.

"Mhm, sure." Mobius said, as Ravonna came out of the door.

"What'd they say? Are you okay?" Mobius immediately said.

"No, no, Mobius. I'm not!" Ravonna shook her head, while we're now walking. "Under the best of circumstances it's jarring to stand before the Time-Keepers. And this is not the best of circumstances." Ravonna finishes.

"Yeah, but they can't blame you!" I and Mobius said In union. As we stop walking.

"They can and do." Ravonna raised her eyebrows "The Variant was right here.... What if she got to the Time-Keepers?"

"I know. But she didn't." Mobius said.

"No. But she got away! Along with the Variant that I got both of you permission to bring in here." She paused for a moment "Do you have any idea how impossible it is to keep the Timeline stable?" She took a deep breath "The Time-Keepers are all that stand between us and full-scale calamity."

"And I'm glad they're on our side! But if they want us to find Loki and the Variant, I need access to Hunter C-20." Mobius said.

I opened my mouth to say something but Ravonna shot me a glare. "I'm sorry, but that's impossible." She said, gritting her teeth while looking at me as I shut my mouth. Mumbling words I shouldn't use.

Ravonna took a deep breath "Look, when we found her, she keep saying, 'it's real. It's real' over and over. I need to find out what that meant and what else she saw when she was with the Variant. Look, I know there's protocol, but she could have information-" Ravonna cut Mobius off "She's dead, Mobius!" She spat.

"What? How?" Me and Mobius said in union again, and I furrowed my brows.

"The Variant, she enchanted C-20, scrambled her mind." Ravonna sighed.

"I don't get it. She seemed okay. She seemed fine." I said shaking my head.

"At first yes, but by the time she got in here, she could barely speak... The decline was steeper after that." Ravonna said.

"I didn't know. What.." I start before I was cut off "Nobody does." Ravonna said. "We don't want people to panic. Can I trust you two to keep that between us?"

"Of course, yes." I and Mobius said, shaking our heads vigorously.

"I'm sorry..." I add.

"Every moment those Variants are out there, we're all in danger." I and Mobius shook our heads "Find them!" Ravonna said before walking away, leaving me and Mobius.

Loki's pov

I sigh, running after her.

I finally get close to her and start walking, sighing, and catching my breath.

She's sat down on a pile of sand, and I shake my head, sitting down right beside her.

"I'm sorry..." I say after a moments silence.

She just nods her head.

"I remember Asgard. Not much but I remember. My home, my people, my life." She says after a moment. "The universe wants to break free, so it manifests chaos... Like me being born the goddess of mischief. And as soon as that created a big enough detour from the Sacred Timeline, the TVA showed up, erased my reality, and took me prisoner. I was just a child. I escaped. Stole a TemPad and I ran for a long, long time, which really sucked. Everywhere and every-when I went, it caused a nexus event. Sent up a smoke flare. Because I'm not suppose to exist. Until, eventually, I figured out where to hide. And so that's where I grew up, the ends of a thousand worlds... Now..... that's where I'll die." Sylive finishes, as we look at the sky, and we watch the meteors falling from the sky.