Chaper 12

Loki's pov

I'm waiting outside on the couch, (which is quite comfortable if you ask me) waiting for Y/n and Mobius to finish, trying to convince Ravonna about approving deployment.

For what felt like hours, I finally see Mobius and Y/n walking out. "We're on!" Mobius and Y/n say in union, Y/n looking very pleased.

I get up, following Mobius and Y/n, raising my fist up in victory.

"We are doing some good work today!" Y/n says while we're walking.

"I thought so too." I agree with Y/n, smirking.

"I'm tellin' you. You actually help us catch this Variant, and who knows my friend." Mobius says, while opening up a locker.

"What good enough for a face-to-face with the Time-Keepers?" I ask, while Mobius is putting his jacket away in the locker.

"I didn't say that." Mobius says.

"One step at a time." Y/n says.

"Alright. One step at a time." I agree with her, nodding my head.

Mobius pulls two daggers out of the locker "Just in case."

I take them, admiring them.

"Absolutely not." Y/n says, taking them from my hands, and placing them in the locker right next to Mobius's.

I pout, opening my mouth to object, but then B-15 comes.

"Gather around for a briefing." B-15 says, as she's walking through the doors.

"Roxxcart is a vast superstore common to the era. It consists of a sprawling of sections, including a large warehouse. This warehouse is being used by civilians as a shelter trying to ride out the storm. Remember this is a class ten apocalypse. While the Variant shouldn't know we're coming, he could be hiding anywhere and should be considered hostile. So stay alert. Every time there is an attack, the Variant steals a reset charge. He's planning something. We just don't know what. So keep an eye out for the missing charges, and if you see a Loki, prune it." B-15 says.

"The bad Loki, preferably." I say, furrowing my brows, then smirking.

Haven Hills Alabama, Roxxcart, 2050.

We go through an orange portal, now we're at the supermarket where we think the Loki is.

"Anything?" Mobius asks, raising his voice over the rain that's pouring over us.

"Nothing yet, move out." B-15 says.

We walk inside the Roxxcart, all of us are soaking wet.

I sigh. Using my powers, a green light comes over me. Now I'm all dry, like I wasn't in the rain.

Y/n turns to me "The hell was that?" She asks, as she's looking me up, and down.

I turn to her. "That was me-" I furrow my brows "Using magic." She still looks very confused "To dry my clothes." I finish.

She still looks very confused. "So I don't announce myself with every squeaky footstep like the rest of you!" I say.

The lights flicker off and on.

"Take both teams and sweep the storm shelter." B-15 says

"Yes Ma'am" one of the Minute-Men said, and they go to the left side.

"Loki, I, and Y/n are gonna check out the Green House. We'll meet-" Mobius goes, before he's cut off by B-15 "No." she says. "No?" Mobius asks.

"You two go with D-90. He stays with me." B-15 says.