Killer

Rose's POV

The next day after the party Mom went out to go talk to Archie for breaking doctor patient confidentiality. I however, decided to hide inside and avoid Emma at all costs. I really didn't want to have to tell her about the battle in the Enchanted Forest but I especially didn't want her seeing hearts above my head when I talk to her.

I stayed inside until it was late at night. I didn't think anyone would be out so it was the perfect time to actually check on the street art gallery. Mom had been home all day since her "talk" with Archie. After I said bye to her, I decided to just teleport to the gallery. Considering that I'm one of the two motorcycle owners in town and I didn't feel like walking, it was the best option for not getting caught.

When the pink smoke from teleport dissolved, I see that I'm right in front of the painting I did for Snow. As I walk and inspect every painting for any sign of vandalism, I stop at my painting of my expressive magic. The only thing in the whole gallery that's vandalized. Someone has taken red spray paint and written across the entire painting in capital letters. LIAR DECEIVER HATEFUL. Nothing I cared for but at the bottom of the painting is the word I hate. The one I say and pretend to be numb to but after all these years, it still hurts just as much as the first time. KILLER. I take a deep breath as a pink light shines on the painting from my expressive magic. I stare at the painting as I try to hold in my tears but they escape despite my effort to keep them in.

"Woah, are you okay?" I here a familiar voice call from the opening into the gallery.

"I'm fine Swan." I say in a cold voice as I wipe my tears and my expressive magic suddenly vanishes.

"I thought you couldn't stop your expressive magic. What was that? Do you want to talk?" She asks as she walks in the gallery.

"Like I said before I'm fine and that's the only expressive magic I can stop. It's not really control more like instinct." I say in slightly annoyed voice hoping that Emma will leave me alone.

"Yeah being able to stop people from seeing when you're sad must come in handy. I don't think I've ever seen you cry."She says jokingly as she walks up beside me and sees what I'm looking at. She takes in a sharp breath as she reads the words on the painting. "Dani I'm sor-"

"It's fine, nothing a little magic can't fix." I say and flick my wrist causing the vandalism fades. "I've been called many things for too many years. It doesn't bother me anymore." I look at Emma to see she's has a confused look on her face that quickly morphs into unconvinced.

"I can't imagine anyone getting used to being called a killer. Especially someone who accidentally killed someone when they were five." She says while looking at me with a soft smile.

"Oh nice one." I say going back to my cold tone.

"I didn't mean it like that and you know it." She says with an eyebrow and a scoff raised.

"Yeah, I do but like, I've said so many times before. I'm fine and I don't want to talk."

"But-"

"Goodbye Emma" I say before teleporting to the kitchen of my mother's house and realize that something is on my arm. Emma. My eyes widen in shock matching hers.

"Everything good at the gallery." My mother questions from the couch.

"Yep just a little bit of vandalism I had to clean up but nothing I didn't expect." I say my voice cracking slightly as I stare at Emma.

"Sweetheart, so are you okay in there." She says and I start to panic even more.

"Yeah I just...forgot my jacket at the gallery." I say causing Emma to look at me and mouth seriously while gesturing to my outfit that was a sweatshirt and jeans. I shrug in response.

"You didn't leave with a jacket on, Rose." She says with a light chuckle.

"I didn't? Well I better go get one from my apartment." I say now frantic.

"Okay Love you." She says calmly and I relax letting out a breath.

"Love you too." I answer and lift my hand up readying myself to teleport as Emma grabs my arm like before.

"Oh and Ms.Swan, it's very dangerous to grab on to someone when they're teleporting and I'd rather not have your blood on my hands." She says in a nonchalant voice. Causing me to put my hand down as Emma and I walk through the dinning room. Mother looks up at us from her book. "Don't let it happen again." She says in a threatening tone to Emma.

"Nice to see you too Regina." Emma responds with a fake smile plastered on her face causing me to grab her hand quickly and give my mom a sincere smile before teleporting us back to the gallery.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I say to Emma as I let go of her hand.

"I always act like that around Regina." She says shocked by my anger.

"Not that. Grabbing me when I clearly wanted to leave!" I say still angry hoping that it will make her give up talking to me about the painting.

"Well you weren't gonna talk to me and I wasn't going to leave you after finding you crying." She says angrily.

"What do you want me to do? Pour my heart out to you over a stupid painting?!" I say now angrier than before.

"No I just want you to stop lying and telling me that you're okay."

"Fine. I'm not okay and being called a killer sucks ass. Happy?" I say in a monotone voice.

"Yes that was all I wanted." Emma says matching my sarcasm as she crosses her arms. "But seriously what's wrong?"

"You aren't gonna leave me alone are you?" I say slightly annoyed.

"Nope."

"Well..." I take a deep breath and Emma looks at me with expectant eyes causing me to get nervous. "Your wasting your time Swan." I say with a sigh before I walk past her out the gallery.

"Dani st-"

I cut her off by teleporting back to the house and walk past mother to my room.

"I lost her this time." I say with an unconvincing dry chuckle. "I'm going to bed."

"Okay but you're not off the hook. We will talk about what happened at the gallery tomorrow." She says as she gets off the couch and walks toward me. She kisses me on the forehead.
"Good night Rose." She says as she pulls me into a hug.

"Good night Mother." I say as we break apart and  I walk up the stairs. "I love you."

"Love you too, dear."