Chapter 32: I Will Love You Always

The morning sun rose far too soon and far too early. I rolled over in bed and reached my arm out to pull Titus in closer but I was only met with a piece of paper. I lifted it and squinted my eyes at the nice handwriting I recognized as Titus's.

Hello my love,
I hope you slept well. Unfortunately, the tradition is for us to be separated from sunrise until we meet at the ceremony at sunset. I will miss you but I can't wait for your induction.
I love you always,
Titus.

A whole day without him. And the most stressful one to boot. I sighed and pulled the covers firmly back over my head with a growl.

Just as sleep was welcoming me back into her sinfully delicious arms, a knock sounded from the door. I tried to ignore it, but the knock came again and again and when I didn't move, the door burst open and an excited Lux pounced on me.

"Wake up!" She screamed, jumping on the bed.

"Absolutely not," I groaned from under the blanket.

"Come on Liana! It's your big day and there's a big breakfast downstairs," I could hear the bribery in her voice and sighed heavily before throwing the blanket down around me.

"There better be bacon," was all I said. I stood from the bed, slid on a pair of fuzzy socks and forced myself down to the kitchen.

Rounding the corner, I was shocked to find my brother and Kalani seated at the island together, their hands touching. Kalani shifted her weight and caught sight of me with a scream. Tears came from both of us as she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me tightly to her. My brother wrapped his arms around us both and we stayed a few moments like this.

"My family," I sobbed as I pulled back to examine them. My brother had been at the weights again, looking more muscular than before. And Kalani was as beautiful as ever. She'd cut her hair to her shoulders to reveal her mark, the mark of my family. 

"You asshole!" I punch my brother in the shoulder which doesn't phase him or move him very much; instead, he starts to laugh. "You could have told me!"

"Liana," Kalani reaches out and pulls me close to her again. "We wanted you to be settled before we shook your world up. But," she releases me and wraps her arm around my brothers waist, his arm instinctually goes around her shoulders. "I love him and he loves me." 

I smiled at the two of them and saw the happiness in their eyes. "I love you too," I said to them both. 

"Let's eat!" Lux popped up from behind the counter and produced several plates of food. I listened to my brother and Kalani talk about the pack back home. They told me my father had run off with a woman from a neighboring pack and surrendered the Alpha position shortly after Titus had found me. Something in my gut tells me that my father knew what had happened and wished not to pay the consequences. 

After breakfast Alyx joined our group, announcing that I needed to try on my dress and get ready for the ceremony. My family and I shared one more hug and kiss before they left to explore the pack territory. 

Upstairs Alyx and Lux forced me into a chair where they spent nearly two hours plastering my face with makeup. But, when they pulled back and allowed me to look at myself I was shocked to find they had made me beautiful. My skin was almost glowing, dewy with attention drawn to my eyes with smokey eyeshadow and eyeliner. 

"Wow," I whispered to myself.

"You look beautiful," Alyx said with a smile. 

"Stunning," Lux added. 

I looked back over my shoulder at them, the sun setting behind them. And I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "I'm going to be a Luna," I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.