Chapter 5: The Real One

I was anxious and excited for the change in my life. I had never truly wanted to marry Phil and I had always desired the true connection that my mate would bring me. I wanted to know what my mother and father had all those years before her passing. I felt that with Titus I would get what I had always dreamed of. 

"I should go," Titus stood, shocking me again with his height and muscular figure.

And all of that belongs to us! Amara chimed in. I cut the connection to stop her from wolf-whistling at him. 

As he moved toward the door I couldn't help myself. "Titus?"

He sighed softly, turned and faced me with now tired eyes, "yes love?"

"Umm..." I hesitated. I was afraid to ask for what I really wanted. I was nervous that he would turn down my request. I wished I hadn't said anything and considered letting him walk out.

"Umm?" He repeated back to me.  I got the sense he wasn't budging until I finished my thought.

"Well... Earlier... In front of my father and- when we were at the party, you kissed me." I pause taking a moment to examine his face but it was unchanging, only acknowledging my words with a nod. He knew I had more to say and was waiting for me to say it. "I know that was to show them that you were serious, to stop the argument and..." Shit! Where had I been going with this? 

"Liana?" 

"Yes?" I responded, trying desperately to pull myself together. 

"Out with it."

"I want you to kiss me again but I want it to be real."

At first Titus looked a little surprised at my request. He leaned against my door, looking only more rugged and handsome in his perfect outfit covering his perfectly toned abs and arms and... Come back to reality. 

"What makes you think that wasn't a real kiss?" He was teasing me as he looked amused at my nerves.

"It wasn't really for me; it was for them."

"Stand up," he demanded and I obeyed. "Close your eyes," again he demanded, again I obeyed. I heard him take a deep breath and two very long strides before I felt his soft lips being lowered to mine. He brushed his lips ever so gently across my own, it was nothing like what he had done in front of my father. My body relaxed and I sighed. I could feel his hard body shiver and relax with me.

Before he could pull away I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him there, very slowly moving my lips against his. I was addicted instantly. When he pulled away a moment later I could barely contain myself, wanting the next fix now. 

"Thank you," I whispered lamely as I blushed. 

"No need to thank me," I could hear him smirking. He moved toward the room door watching me the entire time as though there was something he was hoping I would say. Before he walked out he turned to me, "pack your bags, only what you need. Tomorrow we will be leaving for home." And he left without another word.