Chapter 25: Titus is Coming

I was back in the cell on the mattress again when I managed to open my eyes. There was a dull ache behind my eyes as a headache set in, probably from the lack of hydration or food or maybe it was the slaps that Phil had doled out. I groaned and tried to move to cure the pain in my sides but it appeared that Phil had taken his anger out on both sides up to my waist.

"Hurting?"

"You're still here?" I raised my head enough to see Phil sitting by the door of the cell.

"I have decided to dedicate more time to you."

"Oh how generous," I looked around hoping to find some water. "Let me guess, no food or water until I submit?"

His lips curved up in an evil smirk, "hungry?"

I debated my options. I could stand strong or I could admit it and hope that he would cave and give me some food. I know that he needs me alive.

"Yes," I give in to the need to continue to survive. I need to get back to Titus and I don't want to do it in a body bag.

"Then you will submit," the evil grin on his face only grew.

"No."

"Do you really think that Titus is going to come and rescue you now?"

"Yes. He's my real mate and he loves me."

"Is that what he tells you?"

I thought for a second and realized that Titus has never actually told me that he loved me but he had showed it every step of the way. He had been there. When my father tried to reject him, he fought for me. He waited for me, saved himself. His family had taken me in with no questions. Ven had treated me like a sibling from the moment he met me. I couldn't tell Phil any of this. So I chose the stare-down.

"Ahhh, so he doesn't tell you he loves you. Well my beautiful Luna, I do."

"You don't love me."

"How would you know?"

"You don't even love your real mate."

Phil growled loudly which was surprising. "You don't know what I do and don't do with my mate."

"I know that you treat him like dirt. You make dirty deals and false promises to him that all involved your mating with someone that isn't him. All of which could get him killed. And even if I submitted and mated with you, it would be extremely painful for him."

"What gives you the right to talk about him?" He growled lowly.

"I have the only right. I think about him more than you do."

"You don't think much at all," he stood to his full height and looked down on me, something I am sure he'd been waiting his whole life to do. "If you want food and water then submit!"

"I guess I'll die."

"That's fine by me," Phil shrugged. He kneeled down once again so he could make direct eye contact. "I'll see you later for some fun," with that he turned and stalked away with a little extra pep in his step.

I rolled onto my back and tried to focus my attention on Amara. I hadn't spoken to her since I got here and I desperately needed her to help me maintain my strength. I couldn't get her to come forward and I started to worry that I might not make it. I pushed harder but there was nothing coming to me. Even if I survive... will she ever come back to me?

Titus... I called out through the link and yet again there was no response. Titus I don't know if you can hear me. I doubt you can and I am sure that this is just a waste of my energy. I can't talk to Amara and I'm thinking that probably means that I can't talk to you. But fuck I miss you and I need you to find me.

I tried to close my eyes again and find sleep but the pain in my sides and the grumbling in my stomach was too much to find any peace. It was also terribly cold and the shirt that I had since I arrived was no longer with me. Great! Add freezing to death to the list of things I had to fight in order to make it back to my mate.

Mathias appeared in front of the cell sporting a black eye and busted lip. He looked more disheartened than I had seen him yet. I knew I was the cause and I gave him a sad glance.

"It's pretty bad when you're coming to the one you betrayed for comfort, isn't it?"

"It's not usually a good sign," I laughed a little but it hurt my sides and I cringed.

Mathias opened the door to the cell very quietly and slipped in to lay on the ground beside me. He lowered his voice to a nearly inaudible whisper. "I need to tell you something." I looked into those hazel eyes and nodded ever so slightly. "Titus is coming."