025

They pulled away, Rocky leaning his forehead on her's as he spoke

"Don't strom off like this again"

"No promises"

"Let's head back, you need some medical attention"

"Yes, I guess I do"

She groaned walking a few steps before Rocky stopped and picked her up bridal style making her yelp and grab onto him. The journey back to KGF was spent in silence, a comfortable and peaceful silence.

Everyone rushed around once Rocky entered the mansion with Mira in his arms, the doctors immediately checked up on her while Rocky freshened up a bit and changed his bloodied cloths.

"It's all fine, the stitches are not torn fortunately and the back wounds are minor but we still advise to keep away from any type of action for a few more days" The doctor said before leaving Mira alone.

She sighed leaning back on the headrest, closing her eyes when the click of door makes her straighten but she smiled seeing that it was Rocky.

"What did the doctor say?" He said joining her on the bed.

"No action for few more days"

"What a shame"

He mumbled, adjusting himself so his head was laying on her lap.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure darling"

"What changed? Why are you suddenly so affectionate? If it's because I confessed to you and you are pitying me then I don't need it"

"It's not pity I assure you, I just freed myself from certain chains. I want a little happiness too you know"

Rocky's eyes snapped open when he felt something wet on his face, he got up immediately seeing Mira cry silently.

"Hey hey did I say something wrong? I am sorry" He said in hurry before Mira just hugged him, tight and close, too stunned with the sudden change in her behavior Rocky take a minute before wrapping his arms around them.

"You okay?"

"I am just happy" Came the muffled reply making him sigh out of relief before Mira pulls away wiping her tears while Rocky just smiles caressing her cheek.

"Where is Salaar and the girl he brought with him?"

"He went back to Bombay, more like I kicked them out but yeah not here anymore, he was worried about you but I reassured him which is harder  then you think. They will be here for the kaali pooja"

Mira nodded leaning his touch, for a moment he just observers her and the way she stares at him like he is the only male in this world, like nothing else matters, it makes him feel warm after a long time.

"We are together?" She questions

"Forever" He answers pressing a kiss to her forehead before getting up.

"Now I have some work, you should rest" He said as she nodded laying down, he smiles before walking out.

"Find about this Aadvaan, I don't want that man near my queen's shadow" He orders, his voice going from soft to authoritative.

From here the days became a lot more happier for the pair, small glances and moments seemed to make their day and Rocky also have seemed to develop a habit of walking Mira to her room at night.

"And here should be more security- What the hell" Rocky cuts himself off as water starts dropping from the sky.

"Call it a day off, a storm is coming" He orders hearing the thunder, the guards nod and immediately move to clear the mines and to put the gold and silver in treasury. Rocky himself enters the mansion, getting a bit wet in rain.

He grumbles under his breath walking to his room before he notices Mira standing at the balcony, her jacket missing as she seems to enjoy the strong and cold breeze.

He chuckles as he himself takes off his coat before walking up to her and hugging her from behind. She leans back in his warmth before speaking up.

"Do you think Ramika is planning something?"

"I don't know"

"Will we let her do it just like that?"

"See she is a problem but not a major one but still she gives me a headache so yes, I am not thinking about her just yet"

Once again a silence settles between them as they look at water pouring from the sky when a sudden thought makes her stiffen, she looks at Rocky who had a longing settled in his obrs as he looks ahead of him.

"You still miss her?"

"I do"

Mira hums in reply, getting out of his grip, she turns around looks at him.

"You are sure about us? Because I don't want to loose you" He frowns at her words before she takes a deep breath.

"I think we are moving too fast, let's just...let's just give you sometime yeah? I have waited for years, I can do it for a few more" She said smiling, which clearly didn't reach her eyes.

Rocky stood frozen as she walked away, this was not what he was expecting, he thought they were okay, even good with their relationship. He never really thought about her insecurities or what she was feeling.

The next two days everyone noticed the visible distance between the pair which confuses them, Qasim chacha sighs seeing them avoid each other once more before Salaar's mother asks him what was wrong.

"They are a mess only they can understand" Was all he said before walking away.

That day Rocky who has just exited the mine after working along side the workers when a very interesting conversation fell in his ears.

"But why me?"

"Because you are his partner"

"He is not even sure about us yet and this is too much of a position. I just can't" Mira said walking away. The women have been trying convince her to take part in kaali pooja as Rocky's partner but she has refused it.

That night, Rocky was sitting in his room, a glass of scotch in his hand. The fact that Mira thinks he is not sure about their relation has landed a wound on his heart but she was not wrong.

The past few days has taught him how much of power Mira had gotten over in only a few weeks, he knows he is in love and he is not going to back down now, he has a promise to keep and a heart to win. He smirks at a certain thought before gulping down the drink and walking off.

Mira was about to switch off the lights off her room when someone knocked on her door, she frowned but went to open it nonetheless only to find Rocky standing there.

"Everything okay?"

"Except for my heart, sure it is"

"And what's wrong with you heart?"

"It's lonely, a bit cold and slightly aching"

Mira looks at him, her eyes softening and her heart clenching seeing how casually he said that but his voice pulls her out of her thoughts.

"Fortunetly I have just the remedy for my poor little heart"

"What's that?"

"Marry me"

---------------------◇---------------------