22 | babies

-matt pov-

I wake up on Chris and Nick's bodies right in front of me.

"Goodmorning" Nick says smiling making me smile.

"Wake up Ella" Chris tells me. I look down and see her fast asleep on my chest.

"She's so cute when she's asleep," I say stroking her head.

"I know she is" Nick says patting her head.

"Ella wake up" I say carefully shaking her as she starts to move around.

"Mhmm" She grunts still moving around.

"We made waffles" Nick says making her stop moving and close her eyes.

"Waffles?" She says quietly.

"Yeah, they're on the table" Chris says.

"Ok" She says getting up and walking to the kitchen making us laugh.

"Her favorite I knew it" Nick says as we head to the kitchen.

"Why are they only 2 plates?" I ask confused.

"Oh Nick and I already ate, you guys can eat now" Chris says. I know what they're doing.

"Odd but ok" Ella says sitting down and getting comfortable. She doesn't even know what's going on. 

I sit down in front of her, where the plate was as Nick and Chris leave the room. She takes the syrup and spills it without closing the cap. 

Me thinking it was closed, I spill some and half the bottle of syrup fell onto my waffles.

"Ella look" I tell her laughing as she lifts up her head and starts laughing.

"Oh my gosh, how did that happen?" She asks me.

"You forgot to close the cap completely," I say dying laughing.

"Im sorry" She says dying of laughter as well.

"If I eat this I'll have diabetes" I say laughing even more making her laugh.

"Oh my god" She says as she calms down.

"Damn I was hungry" I say.

"Have some of mine" She says lifting up her hand with a fork and trying to feed me.

"No way" I say chuckling.

"You said you were hungry" She says bringing the fork closer to my mouth. I come in closer to eat it when she stops me.

"Wait hold up" She says still with the fork in her hand, she runs to the living room and I hear her coming back quickly.

"Vrrrooommm," She says acting like the fork was a plane.

"Open wide" She says laughing as she comes closer to my face with the fork. I open wide as she says and I eat the now cold pancake from the fork.

"Thank you but I'm not a baby" I say laughing as she sits back down.

"Babies are so cute" She says.

"They are" I say.

"I always begged my mom for a little sibling but she never gave me one" She says rolling her eyes.

"Justin asked for one and got 3" I say making her laugh.

"I can't wait to have kids one day in the future. I wanna have like 8 kids"  She says smiling.

"8?" I slightly yell making her jump.

"Yeah" She says.

"I wanna have children but down the road more. Like in my early 20's" I say.

"Same, the younger the better" She says.

"But not 8 I wanna have like max 5. Like more boys than girls tho" I say explaining.

"Yeah, maybe not 8. Five seems more like controllable. One kid will be enough for me honestly but I just want my children to grow up with someone by their side" She says.

"Yeah so they're not lonely" I say as I look at her to see her look sad.

"Ella you good?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm just grateful for you guys. I never had anyone by my side since the day my father died. But you guys were always there" She says as her eyes water.

"Aww, Ella don't cry" I say getting up and sitting beside her as I place my hand on her back.

"I need to stop acting like a baby" She says wiping a tear.

"Hey you can act however you want to. Well, accept you no matter who you are" I tell her looking into her eyes. God, she's beautiful.

"Thanks, Matt" She says pulling me into a hug. 

"Alright what were we talking about before this?" I ask her as I pull my plate to where I'm sitting. Beside her.

"Babies" She says smiling.

"People say baby names are hard to choose" I state.

"Yeah but we can just call ours Matthew junior" She says making me look up at her and she covers her mouth.

"Our child? Matthew Junior?" I ask her confused but smiling.

"Sorry it's all in my head" She says as her cheeks become pink from her embarrassment.

"It's fine. It's a great name anyway" I say making her laugh.

Hearing Ella talk about how much she loved children made me feel some type of way. I wanted to have children in the future, but I didn't think it would have been with Ella. 

Not that we have a child. But I truly feel like she's the one.

This past month has been the best month of my life. Becoming friends with her to becoming best friends. 

I wouldn't trade what happened at the grocery store for the world. But theirs only one month left of summer. I need to make a move quickly.

-what do you guys think about the name Matthew Sturniolo?-