Chapter 5

Ratneshwari woke up the next morning. She saw Shivan sleeping beside her.She smiled. Then, she got up from the bed and took a bath and wore a beautiful sari. She was very excited. She thought, "My married life starts from today. Everything is so strange. Everything is so new....."

She heard someone calling her. It was her mother-in-law. She greeted her with a smile and touched her feet and took her blessings. They started to talk.

"Ratneshwari, are you comfortable here?"

"Yes Amma. I am comfortable."

"There is a custom in our family. The newly wedded daughter-in-law has to cook a dish for the members of the family. So, you will also have to cook a dish. You don't need to worry. I will help you."

"It's okay Amma. I can cook. "

"That's good."

"Amma, for how many people do I need to cook?"

"The guests have left. So, you need to cook for me, Shivan and the servants. And yes, you will have to cook for my sister also. She will be arriving soon. Her niece went into labour yesterday. So she couldn't attend your wedding. She will come here to see you."

"Okay Amma. I will cook a dish for all of them."

"I will cook the rest of the dishes."

After some time

The food was ready. Ratneshwari had cooked lemon rice. It smelled really good. Her mother-in-law was very happy. She said, "The aroma is fantastic. I think it will taste very good. Your Appa liked  Lemon rice a lot. " Ratneshwari smiled.

"Amma, do you think your son will like this?"

"Why not? It is so good. Why won't he like this?"

"Amma, can you taste this?" (Ratneshwari looked nervous)

"Ok then" (She tastes the rice)

"It tastes good. You cooked it just like Shivan's grandmother. Your Appa would have loved this. Shivan will like this too. If he doesn't like this, then I will make him eat this forcefully. You don't have to worry. "

Both of them had a good laugh.