Chapter 3

The day of marriage arrived. Everyone was busy. Ratneshwari's parents were receiving the guests. Krishna was attending the guests in the dining hall. Many people had arrived. The venue was decorated very beautifully.

It was an important day for Ratneshwari. She wore an elegant red sari. She wore beautiful ornaments and decorated her hair with fragrant flowers. She had fallen in love with Shivan. She was adorning herself with jewels and flowers for her beloved.

Her eyes looked just like the eyes of Goddess Meenakshi. Her beautiful locks of hair looked like a beautiful hanging creeper bearing flowers. Her red lips looked liked the blossoms of Palash at the onset of spring. She looked as beautiful as the rising sun which marked the beginning of a new day and as lovely and precious as the gem which was brought by a warrior after winning a battle against the enemy.

Krishna said to her, "You are looking very beautiful, dear." He wiped his tears. Ratneshwari hugged him. She said, "I will miss you Anna. I love you." Krishna said, "I love you too. I love you more than anyone else. I still remember the day when you were born. You were so little. You looked so cute. Look how you have grown! Today is your marriage!" Tears rolled from his eyes.

Ratneshwari's mother interrupted them. She smiled and said, "Krishna, I didn't know that you would cry like this at your sister's wedding. Your father is calling you. Go to him." She hugged her daughter and kissed her forehead.

The groom arrived with his family. Shivan was wearing a white shirt made of silk and a white and golden veshti. He looked as firm as a mountain and as calm as an ocean. There was no doubt, why Ratneshwari fell for him. Shivan and his family was welcomed by Ratneshwari's family. He greeted everyone with a smile.

The auspicious hour had arrived. The ceremony had begun. The bride was called to the wedding altar. She looked at her prospective husband. He was so handsome. She couldn't keep her eyes away from him. She sat beside him at the altar. The rituals proceeded one after the other. After the completion of the rituals, they were declared as husband and wife.
The bride and groom took blessings from their elders.

Now, it was time to bid farewell to the bride.

An eagle takes care of her offspring after the eggs hatch. She feeds them and protects them. But can the eagle do this for the whole life? No! The eagle knows that she cannot feed its offspring for the whole life. She needs to give that 'push'. She needs to push her offsprings down from the nest. Only then will they discover their wings. Once they discover their wings, they will be able to fly to the heavens. But will they be able to do that if the eagle refuses to push her offsprings out of love and decides to keep them with her forever? No!

We need to realise that we need to release our children from the nests of our love. So that they can have a beautiful life of their own.

Ratneshwari hugged her parents. They hugged her and blessed her. They hugged Shivan too.

She went to her brother. Krishna was in tears. Ratneshwari was in tears too. They hugged each other and cried in each other's arms. He kissed her forehead. They looked into each other's eyes but said nothing. Krishna took her to Shivan. He said to him, "Shivan, she is my sister. I brought her up with great love. She is very dear to me. Now, she is your responsibility. Take care of her. Don't bring tears to her eyes. She is very good. She will love you and take care of you. I know her very well. She will always keep you happy......Take care of her." Shivan smiled at Krishna and nodded his head. Krishna hugged him. Then, he bid farewell to his sister.

Shivan and Ratneshwari sat inside the car. His family members sat in other cars. They left for Vellore.