𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Hello Journal.

so, me and Y/n went on what some may consider a 'date' but i assure you it was just a hangout between friends.

...

I just wanted to clarify that.
— — —
Hunter flipped through a new book, Bones to Earth A Study of Wild Magic.

He could hear quiet steps behind him and smirked, knowing it was you.

"Hunter!" You whisper yelled, attempting to scare him, it didn't work.

Your arms wrapped around him, he smiled and put a hand on your arm. "Hey Y/n!"

He expected it to happen, he always did, but his stomach always felt floaty, and his face always flushed.

You sat next to him, a sour expression on your face, "I really thought i had you that time.."

He laughed, "well the dead quiet library isn't helping, neither are the squeaky floor boards." An attempt to make you feel better. It worked.

You laughed, "okay, okay, maybe i'm not the stealthiest, but you having some sort of super hearing, thanks to being The Golden Guard, isn't fair!"

Hunter rolled his eyes and pushed the now closed book across the table. You had really gotten him into the mindscape junk, and he got your into wild magic. You had already finished the one he had.

"soo..I was wondering if you were free next weekend?" You asked, scooting a little closer.

Hunter turned to face you, "Let me guess, for the parade?"

"ding, ding, ding!" You shot finger guns at him, "we could just stand in the crowd and look at the floats! unless you're on duty.." You added on quickly.

Hunter smiled at the consideration, "Actually, Belos put Kikimora in charge of the preparations, I think she's running security too." he paused, thinking for a moment, "Soo. I am free. as far as i know."

You pumped your fists, "Yes!"

Hunter glanced at the clock hanging behind you. "Hey, what time does Amity get off work?"

You turned around as well, "about three hours? why?"

Hunter simply smiled and took you by the hand, "let's have a fun day!"

He found your little giggles adorable, "what?!"

"A fun day!" he repeated and slowed to a stop, "you, me, and whatever you wanna do."

"since when do you do fun days?" you asked skeptically.

Hunter's head went empty as his eyes flashed down to your interlocked hands, "guess you're rubbing off on me?" He gave you a little squeeze.

He suddenly became very embarrassed and turned quickly, practically sprinting down the aisles, "uh- WOAH- HUNTER!"

A pang of guilt started to grow and Hunter caught you, helping you stand.

"Sorry," He smiled awkwardly.

He suddenly felt you yank his arm. You dragged him down the stairs of the Library.

Hunter panted as you both ran in the opposite direction of a group of scouts. He'd been playing hookie from work. He wasn't sent out on a mission, but he wasn't supposed to be out of the castle either.

"Let's stop here," he said breathlessly before flopping onto the sidewalk. A cold breeze blew his hair almost majestically and he clutched you jacket.

You both sat and talked for a around 15 minutes. You made a joke about one of the books you both read and burst out laughing. You leaned your head on his shoulder, Hunter was shocked at himself when he realized he didn't tense up at the gesture. He leaned on you as well.

"see? i can do fun days," Hunter laughed and looked at you. He flushed when he met your eyes, you were just staring at him. Your eyes flickered around his different features. Suddenly feeling self conscious, he tried to break you out of your little trance.

"You alright there, Y/n?" Hunter bopped you on the head with his palm.

You blinked a couple times before laughing, "sorry, spaced out."

"okay, sure." He could feel his face cool off as he turned to the street ahead.

'what could we do next time?..' he thought, mentally trying to plan what to do so he could hang out with you like this more often. 'i suppose they should probably decide, i don't really know what's around here..'

He could feel something warm around his hand. A jolt of excitement and nerves attacked him. He looked down so fast he knew he'd have a headache soon.

Your hand was holding his, your eyes stayed trained down on them. His cheeks darkened as he moved a little closer to you.

There were no tricks like when he held your hands to keep the boom closed around a week ago.

"we should do this more often.." You whispered.

"yeah," He smiled to himself. He didn't know if you meant holding hands, running from scouts, or just hanging out, but he wasn't opposed to any of them.
— — —