6 | Wake Up Call

______________

West Coast by OneRepublic

"I'll kiss the sky, and disappear

"I'll kiss the sky, and disappear."

______________

Y/N opened her eyes slowly to see Nate and Sully standing and arguing. The woman sighed softly, wiping the salt off the side of her face as she sat up. "Whoa, what happened?"

The two men looked over at the women, Y/N now could see how Sully and Nate were mad, but Nate also had tears in his eyes.

"Chloe betrayed us," Sully stated.

"God, damn it, I knew she would do it again!" Y/N stood, stretching a bit, "she shot me and stole my cross! This isn't out of character. It's fine; we'll get the crosses back, and fix all of this. We just need to- what's wrong?" She looked between the two men, "isn't this the reason of all the arguing? What am I missing?"

"Sully left my brother and let him get killed."

"We were looking for the journal, and Sam and I went down to the captain's chamber, and it was there, where he said it would be!" Sully nodded as Y/N stood between the two to the side. "We were on our way out; Braddocks and her guys cut us off. They open fire, and Sam got shot-"

"He left him there to die," Nate said, tears in his eyes.

"I saw a way out, so I took it."

Y/N raised her brows, "you just left him there to die? How could you do that?"

"What was I supposed to do, get shot too? Nothing I could do."

"How could you not tell me this? I thought Sam just was busy with another adventure, and that he'd just lost contact for a while."

"That's what you do," Sully shook his head at the woman, "not him."

"He's not dead, I can't believe you didn't say-'

"I knew if I told you, you would never have come-"

"And why is that so important, huh?" Nate said, raising a brow as Y/N watched the two men. "What the hell am I doing here and not somebody else?"

"Your brother beloved that there was a final piece, all right? A last trick the 18 played." Sully shrugged, "I got you, and then I was going to find JJ, but she came into this without me having to go out of my way."

"Seriously, Sully!'

"Yes, you have your parent's journal that has not only stuff about the 18 but other adventures where there is treasure. They always told you things that would help you; maybe left a clue." He scoffed and looked back at Nate, "I thought maybe Sam said something to you or sent you something. I mean shit, all he did was talk about you."