1 | The Auction

______________

When Will I See You Again by Shakka

"You know, you know, I'll see you again

"You know, you know, I'll see you again."

______________

"I'm so close to the treasure," Y/N mumbled to herself as she stood in her hotel room fixing up a few curls from her naturally curly head. Her curls were everywhere since she did her natural hair and kept it down. "Just need that key, and I'll get the treasure after all this time..." She smiled, looking at herself one last time, then walked out the door, her heels clicking as she exited the building.

She got into her chauffeured car she had ordered; she was going to the private auction hosted at the Augustine auction house in the middle of New York.

As she sat in the car, she put her earpiece in, then grabbed a piece of her bubblegum to chew on. As she gazed out the window at the lit-up city, her mind drifted to memories of the start of this adventure. She's been on many, but this has been the most important the last ten years.

Y/N ran up to her parents as they read ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics as they were camped in the middle of the desert. Her mom, Maria, was an Archeologist, and her dad, Antonio, was a History professor.

"Mom, dad!" She yelled as she quickly stopped in front of the couple who chuckled at their daughter, "I was exploring on the south side of the site, and I found more hieroglyphics! I think they are telling us the way into the tomb! It's one step closer to finding the key-"

"That's amazing, JJ!" Antonio grinned and highfived his 14-year-old daughter.

"Y/N, that's amazing," Maria smiled, "one step closer to La Cruz de la Hermandad, the key."

"Come on," she grinned and showed them the way.

All her life, Y/N Hermosa was always on an adventure; whether she was in the mountains or desert, there was always a strong wind in her big curly hair. Y/N was very independent from the beginning, and her parents did teach her everything they knew; they also left a special leather bound diary they wrote for her with all the information of their adventures. She got this when they died right after that last adventure they did together in the Egyptian desert.

After that, the girl was handed off to a family friend of her parents, Victor Sullivan or Sully, who taught her many tricks of the trade. And after two years with him, they went their separate ways, but she stayed in contact with the other young blond man that went on adventures with Sully. The young man was a very good friend to her, and she loved having him around. The blonde man viewed her as a little sister since she was six years younger than he was.

After Y/N left, she went on her own adventures for the next eight years, and man, did she have good ones. She did make enemies, but she learned even more, not only about the trade, but she came closer to the treasure of Sir Francis.