10- Sleepover

I feel a pair of lips press firm onto mine.

"Millie?"

She nods her head before pulling back, lifting her mask back onto her face.

"Keep the hat, it looks good on you," she adds, before taking off.

A flush of red bellows over my face.

Oh my goodness.

The walk home is quiet and looming with uncertainty.

"Aiko!"

Turning my head back I see a familiar face rushing towards me.

"Hey, Eri wanted me to make sure your still alive," Akira states and I let out a little chuckle.

"Like i would ever let myself die like that," I start, "How's Eri? Did she get hurt?"

"Just a little scratch, she said she's perfectly fine," Akira explains, "Your apartment is a decent walk from here, do you want to stay at mine for the night?"

"Oh, uh, sure," I give in, turning around to walk back down the hill.

Her house appears cosy and warm, an aesthetic sense beaming from it. It's an average home but very nicely decorated. It feels more like home than my own apartment.

Though I feel like I've been here before.

We stomp up the stairs and march to her room, cluttered with posters of skulls and weapons like guns, knifes and swords. It's actually pretty cool.

A bouche of flowers lay rested on the bedside table and a smile engulfs my face.

"Flowers? From who?" I question.

"Oh- uh, no one!" She exclaims and I let out a chuckle.

"Sure, I totally believe you," I remark.

"Actually..I did want to tell you.." she mutters and a curious expression plasters my face.

"I'm listening."

"Me and Eri are actually going out," she confesses.

What?! Eri never told me.

"Haha funny joke," I state.

"I'm not joking!" She protests and my eyes widen.

Oh shit...

"Wait what? Eri never said anything, why wouldn't she tell me?"

"She's still adjusting to it. You know how she's like..." Akira explains and I give her a nod in response. My heart feels like it's sunk in my chest, like the titanic only more practical.

I understand but I told her straight away about Millie and she couldn't even tell me then? I thought we told each other everything, I thought she trusted me. But at the end of the day I'm happy for them, I just wish she told me sooner.

"Hey Akira I was just-"

A figure stand at the door, almost confronted with the sight.

"Millie?!" I question.

What the hell is Millie doing here?!?

"Aiko? What are doing doing here?" Millie questions, looking more pleased then she should be.

"I could ask you the same thing!" I exclaim.

"She's my sister," Akira explains, "You two know each other?"

"Yeah...." I mumble, "She's an old friend."

"Old?" Millie states, a tint of sarcastic sadness throughout her voice.