1- Obsession

Her wavy hair washes down her back, strains of golden blonde shimmering in the sun, almost as bright as the smile shun across her freckled face.

I get lost in the array of blue shinning in her pupils, bold against the golden colour radiating off her hair. Her eyes are illuminated and defined by the black sphere emphasised in the centre.

She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She's like someone off the cover of a magazine.

A blue skirt is positioned resting above her waist, covered by a grey button up top. The blue and gold stripes on her tie complement her features as it hangs from her collar and halfway down her nicely done up shirt.

No words could describe her beauty, but no one else seems to understand.

My eyes lay fixed on her for only a second and I'm almost consumed by the butterflies storming in my stomach. But I quickly look away, my face starting to heat up and flush a tint of red.

I sigh. If only she knew.

My body shakes as the bell startles me. As I start to pack up my things I keep my eyes still focused on the brunette, admiring her every move.

Soon I walk the corridor towards my next class, hoping in one way or another my eyes will shortly be fixated back on her. Where they belong.

Though my pleasant thoughts are soon replaced by another.

"Get out of my way idiot!" A black haired girl with pretty olive skin exclaims, shoving me to the locker on my side.

She strolls past me with a glare. I swear under my breath, anger storming my mind like a hurricane. But I bottle up. I always do.

There's nothing I can do about it anyway, she's already gone. My voice is once again forgotten. I was once again too slow.

But my focus shifts to the pain flowing like a river through my arm, concealed against the cold, metal locker beside me.

Dragging myself into my class I stand amongst others as a seating plan is arraigned.

After a moment of zoning out I hear the teacher continue, "Your assigned seat will be the same for the rest of the semester. Hopefully you like who your sitting beside because you'll be joined with them in all partner projects. There's no changing seat unless there is a major issue," Ms Goldny states.

A sigh leaves my mouth and I gaze around the room. The teacher starts pointing to desks around the room while calling out names.

"Aiko Kozume."

My head bolts up and I make my way towards my seat. Directly at the window, perfect for distractions.

Speaking of distractions, a girl appears standing next to me.

She's taller than I expected. Not too tall but seemingly slightly taller. The top of my head reaches the top of her highly fixated and highlighted cheek bones.

She shoots me a glare before sitting down beside me.

Millie Kaneko.

The girl I'm obsessing over. Sitting next to me, right now.

The teachers words ring through my head like a siren.

'Hopefully you like who your sitting beside because you'll be joined with them for ALL partner projects'

Us. Working together. Together. Alone...

Just the two of us.

I slump back in my chair and take a quick glance at the side view of her face. She's glowing.

Shooting me another weird look I retreat with my head now buried deep resting on my arms on my desk.

I needed at least a week to mentally prepare for this...

I'm a quiet student. Not the type to be flashy or 'out there'. I'm not overly sporty or musical nor great at my academics. I've tried a lot of things in my life time but there's only few that I seemingly enjoy.

I'm not the kind who falls for a guy who flashes a smile. To be completely honest I'm not even quite sure she's not just straight.

I mean stereotypes live on and she merely displays any signs of her sexuality. But it's possible.

Lifting my head up, I admire her features, noticing how two strands of her golden brown hair fall from her ponytail and cover her face. They only add pigment to her crystal eyes.

"Aiko!"

My vision spins to the front of the class to the teacher staring into my soul.

"Please pay attention, this is important!" Ms Goldny explains with a sour expression plastering her face.

How embarrassing.

Everyone's eyes are fixated on me, including Millie's before the teacher continues.

"You will all be participating in a 'get to know your partner' activity to start out the term. This will not be assessed but handed in, looked over and given feedback. You have a week and I suggest you start working on this as soon as possible," Ms Goldny explains.

A huff leaves my lips and a slight smile creeps onto my face before I burry it away. But the more I try not to smile the more the urge grows.

"When are you free to work on it?" She asks, the glare no longer dwelling in her expression. I stare into her eyes as she speaks, treasuring every moment of eye contact. Butterflies flourish around my stomach like a parade.

"Tomorrow afternoon maybe?" I suggest, my eyes digging deep into hers.

"Whatever, my house?"

"Yeah, sounds good," I exclaim with a smile. She nods her head before we part ways and I continue to stare out the window.

I'm so excited but so scared.

____________________________
Hope you enjoyed <3
I decided I would write a wlw with my own characters to mix up what I usually do. Comment any suggestions for future books or chapters :)

Word Count: 960

.