8- Umbrella

The afternoon breeze brushes through my hair, ruffling it behind me. A hoodie cascades over my head as I feel drops of water slowly start to leak through and melt on my skin.

Taking a deep breath in, the smell of rain always fulfils me, leaving me with a nostalgic but serene feeling.

Drops of water scatter around me creating ripples in the water, as droplets are absorbed underneath the surface, adding layer after to layer to puddles scattering the ground.

Cars travel swiftly up and down the streets splashing water to my side that reaches far enough to only just miss me. Footsteps stampede over the footpath as I stand off to the side, letting the evening consume me and my thoughts.

I can almost feel the atmosphere of stars shinning above me though covered by the solid gradient of dark grey looming over me from the clouds.

I lower my hood off my head, letting the air get caught in my hair and blow out of my face. I hear the pitter pattering of rain dripping subtly onto the top of my head, curving through my hair to my skull. Though the peaceful feeling suddenly comes to a stop.

My gaze edges up and I see a black umbrella fixated over me. Turning to the side stands someone I've only been longing to see again.

Her golden hair has darkened to a deep brown, exposed to the rain and covered from the sun. I almost drown in the blue abyss of her eyes. Like an everlasting aura forever pulling me in.

I'm forever drawn to you, Millie Kaneko.

"Hey."

Her voice is soft and gentle like digging your fingers through the fluffy fur of a cat.

I love cats.

"Hey," I reply, matching her tone, almost a whisper but just enough for each other to hear, to maintain the moment without breaking the silence. Our eyes lay fixed on each other's and I almost feel her pupils on mine.

She reaches her hand to rest subtly near the end of my hip, with the smallest amount of force. I feel a smile start to creep onto my face but shove it away, leaving my cheeks with a tinge of pink.

I feel so comfortable around you.

"You got my letters," she says, maintaining the same volume in her voice.

"I liked them," I state, my gaze travelling back down to her lips. They look glossy and pink, so kissable.

"I never expected you to reply," she confesses, "In fact I never expected you to even remember me. Do you remember me?"

I don't fight the smile creeping onto my face this time, instead letting it sit for just a few seconds.

"Even if I wanted to I don't think I could forget."

The smile on my face now matches hers as I continue to glance slowly from her eyes back to her lips, taking a second to admire how they complement the rest of her facial features.

Her smile is replaced by a smirk. I feel her hand press more securely against my hip, tracing up to my waist before moving to my face. I lean my head to the side, digging my cheek into her hand.

I gently touch her right hand, the one clenching the handle of the umbrella and bring it down, letting the gentle rain make contact with the top of our heads. She places it upside down on the floor, situated in a puddle before bringing her attention back to me.

Cautiously I shuffle forward, later getting pulled onto her chest. I lean my head forward facing hers and flash her a smile, getting one back in return. Wrapping my arms around her back I embrace her in a hug, moving my cheek off her hand and onto her shoulder, pressing my body into hers wholesomely.

Red blush shades my face as I feel her caress her hand up the back of my neck to the back of my head, shuffling through any hair in the way. I cant even explain how unnecessary satisfactory that feels.

"Aiko?"

"Mhm," I mumble.

"I want to see your face in front of mine," she states, only adding to the piling blush across my cheeks. Shifting my head back I gaze into her eyes then back to her lips. My nose grazes against hers and an array butterflies emerge in my stomach.

Carefully pushing my head forwards she places a gentle kiss onto my lips and I feel the butterflies squirm around in celebration. My eyes rest lidded and our faces are only inches apart before I press another gentle kiss onto her lips. Clenching the back of her shirt, our faces melt together.

Oh you kissed me, just to kiss me, not to take me home.

We both smile and she lets out a slight chuckle. Her hand shifts to hold up my chin.

"Tell me something you've never told anyone else before Millie," I mumble, keeping my gaze fixated on hers.

"I've always wanted to kiss you."
____________________________
Hope you enjoyed <3
Sobbing, crying, screaming, fangirling.
Making myself feel single fr.

Word Count: 858

.