Chapter 11

*****2 YEARS LATER*****

*****ARI POV*****

We were rushing in the dark of the night to get over 400 refugees out on a cargo plane due to our mission being called off and we had to hurry with this last group. Once we all got on the plane I felt a sense of relief, I was going home to New York. I pulled the letter out of my back pocket, the letter she sent me 3 years ago. I read it over and over again over the past few years breaking my heart each time knowing I broke her. I needed to find her and see if she would forgive me if she would even take me back. I had changed in 3 years and I know she probably had too.

"You kept that this entire time?" Sammy asked sitting next to me. I nodded.

"Along with this." I said showing her wedding band on my chain around my neck.

"Ari, you have to know she probably moved on." Sammy said.

"I won't know unless I try Sammy. I'm going by the pizza shop incase she's there or at least her parents can tell me where she is." I said. He looked and saw Rachel sit next to Sammy and kissed his cheek. I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

"We wanted to tell you...we were waiting until we got home." Rachel said and I smiled.

"I'm happy for you guys. I hope it works out for you." I said. They smiled I folded up the letter from Mina and placed it back in my back pocket. I then played with her ring on my necklace. In a few more hours I would be on another plane back to New York and back to win my girl back. I needed Mina, after everything I had been through on this trip she was the one shining light that was helping me survive and getting me home.

*****NORMAL POV*****

My parents had closed down the pizza shop for the day and I was sitting at the pizza shop with a 3-year-old Noah on Steve's lap as my mom and dad brought out pizza from the back and Noah got excited. Steve and I laughed and I leaned over and kissed Steve.

"I love you, thank you for being here." I said as we broke apart. He smiled at me.

"I love you too." Steve said and we started getting food out. I looked at Noah on Steve's lap and brushed his hair from his face and realized how much he looked like Ari.

"Mama stop!" He said with a mouth full of pizza. I shook my head and just kissed his cheek.

"Smaller bites please." I said and he nodded. Lexi looked at me and sighed.

"What?" I asked and he just looked at Noah.

"He looks so much...-" Lexi started to say and I nodded.

"I know. When we did his birthday morning routine and looked at the picture of Ari I had he noticed it so did I. It's hard." I said and Lexi sighed. After we all finished the pizza my mom and dad went into the back to get the cake and candles. Noah insisted on a cake dealing with the water and creatures in the ocean, he loved the water, which was something else he got from Ari. This kid was clearly his. I knew I would have to look Ari up soon and see if we ever came home, if he did I would need to come clean to him. My parents brought the cake out and Noah was so excited as we all sang happy birthday. He blew out the candles and we all cheered. As I was cutting up the cake Noah took his hand and stuck it in the cake and shoved it in his face.

"NOAH!" I said and everyone including myself laughed.
"It's good mama." He said with a mouth full of cake and face full of icing.

"Let's go clean you up. Steve can you cut the cake?" I asked and he nodded taking the knife from me and I leaned in to kiss him and then we walked away. Steve made sure we were gone and he looked at Lexi and my parents and smiled.

"Ready for this?" Nate asked and Steve nodded.

"More than anything." Steve said with a smile.

"Noah did good, doing what I needed him to do." Steve said.

"You told him to do that?!" Meg asked shocked with a laugh.

"I did, I had to get her out of the room so she wasn't expecting anything." Steve said and they all shook their heads with a laugh.

"Steve last time this happened she had her heart broken, please don't do that to her." Nate said and Steve shook his head.

"I would never hurt her. She means so much to me Noah does too." Steve said and everyone smiled.

"Noah, why would you do that to the cake? You know better." I said going into the bathroom

"Mama, Steve told me too!" Noah protested.

"Come on don't blame Steve." I said annoyed.

"He did!" Noah said stomping hit foot. I sighed and I cleaned off his face.

"Fine, if he did then why did he?" I asked and Noah shrugged.

"Don't know." He said and I just rolled my eyes and finished cleaning off his face.

"Fine, let's go back out so mama can talk to Steve." I said and Noah smiled and took my hand and we walked out of the bathroom

We sat back down at the table and I noticed the cake had been cut and passed out.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled.

"No problem, had to get little monster cleaned up." Steve said and I smiled with a nod.

"Right because he said you told him to do that...." I said and Steve groaned and looked at Noah.

"Secret dude!" Steve said as Noah shrugged eating his cake.

"Steve what is going on?" I asked and he sighed. He grabbed my hand and got in front of my chair and down on one knee.

"Steve..." I said and she shook his head.

"Willa, I have tried to find the right time to do this and I think right now is perfect. Everyone you love is here and we are celebrating a special occasion and I cant imagine a better time. When I walked into this pizza shop all those years ago with Tony I had no clue this would happen. I had no clue I would be here with you, your son and your family years later down on one knee asking you if you, Wilhelmina will you please marry me?" Steve asked opening up the ring box I hadn't seen him pull out to reveal a round solitaire diamond with Noah's birthstones on each side.

"DADDY!" Noah yelled before I could answer and pointed to the window of the pizza shop. We all looked and I sat in shock as Steve was on one knee in front of me.

"Ari?" I questioned in shock.