13

Later the next day, Jao was being discharged from the hospital. It was a bright and sunny morning, as the sun streamed through the window.

Sky was sitting at Jao's bedside for what would thankfully be the final time before they would head home as he held his hand in his. He watched as he began to open his eyes and come around from his deep slumber and smiled.

"Morning, how are you?"

Stretching his aching muscles Jao gave Sky a smile in return, "I'm fine, glad to be going home with you today."

"Me too, me too darling.", he said softly standing up and leaning forward to press a kiss on his forehead.

Sitting back in the chair they waited for the doctor to arrive to give Jao final check up before he could leave. Sky hoped that everything was alright, that his boyfriend would get the all clear and they could return home and that his body had had enough time to heal.

Before long, his doctor had entered the room, "Good morning Jao, It's good to see you are back to your normal self. Now as of today you are being discharged and can go home here is some medication should you need it, and now I just need to give you one last check up and then you are free to go when you are ready."

Thankfully, the check up was all good and Jao and Sky could now return home together.

"Alright sweetheart, are you ready?"

Nodding Jao watched as his boyfriend began assisting and helping him out of the bed before guiding and lowering him onto a chair. Having done so, Sky prepared to help Jao get dressed but paused for a moment.

"Do you want some help getting dressed or can you manage? I don't want to overstep on boundaries.", he asked him respectively.

Jao wanted and tried to dress himself first, but not having the strength struggled and looked to his boyfriend for help.

"I'm sorry Sky."

"Hey, don't be sorry It's alright.", he replied softly as he began helping him get dressed.

~

Returning home Sky parked outside.

"Alright, are you ready Jao?", he asked taking her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

Jao replied with a smile playing on his  lips, "Yeah, I'm glad to be home."

Getting out of the car and walking around to the passenger side he opened the door for him. Supporting his back with one arm and the other under his legs Sky gently lifted his lover up and out of the car holding him close, as he turned to head to the front door he found himself pausing for a second.

"You know can put me down now.", Jao said softly with a small smile.

"I could but... I don't want to just yet."

Leaning in Sky softly pressed his lips against Jao's. The kiss was filled with love and passion until they pulled away for air, gazing into each other's eyes Jao lay his hand on Sky's cheek for a few moments.

Heading inside he headed straight for the living room, taking a few steps towards the sofa, Sky set his boyfriend down putting a pillow behind his back making sure that he was comfortable before assisting him taking his shoes and coat off but the getting off the coat was the hard part which meant moving his arms and In turn caused him to hiss In pain due his ribs still being very sore.

"Ow... Ow."

"Sorry darling."

"Thank you, Sky... for everything you've ever done for me it means a lot to me. You've done so much without so much as a second thought you were the only person to show me kindness and even help me, the only person who... loved me."

Hearing those words, Sky was beginning to find it hard to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat, and with his eyes looking upon his boyfriend's he quickly saw the tears threatening to spill over.

Standing up he quickly took a seat beside him. Gently pulling him towards him, he held Jao close within his arms.

"Hey, it's okay it's alright sweetheart. I'd do it a thousand times over because I've loved you from the moment I met you, I'll do anything for you and I'll always be here, for you, always. Now I have an idea, how about we cuddle up and watch a movie?"

"I like that."