7

It had been a couple of hours since Jao had fallen asleep snuggled into his pillow and Sky had gone to sleep in his own bed but Sky soon returned to stay with him for worry as he watched and gazed at his boyfriend every so often.

To him, Jao didn't seem like himself. He seemed more tired than usual and more lethargic. Using his free hand he gently held his hand to Jao's forehead only to frown, he seemed rather warm to the touch and that could only mean one thing.

Sky knew that Jao was now running a fever and wanted to check how high it was to be sure it wasn't too high or anything dangerous. Looking down at his boyfriend once again, he watched as he still slept silently only to move a little so often. Cradling Jao in his arms he slowly and carefully moved off the bed before gently laying him down.

Heading down towards the kitchen and looking through the cupboards, Sky began to look for a thermometer and medicine to see how high the possible fever was and to see if the medicine could help bring it down somewhat.

Walking back to Jao's room he knelt beside the bed before gently nudging him awake.

"Jao darling, wake up."

"Hmm, why?"

"You've go a fever love, I need to check your temperature and you need to take some of this medicine.", he replied softly.

As a soft breath escaped Jao's mouth, it was a moment or two before he opened his eyes to be greeted by Sky's gentle and loving gaze upon him.

"Come on let's get you up into a more comfortable position."

In a few short moments, Sky had helped Jao lay in a more comfortable position resting his back with a pillow behind him.

Opening his mouth he watched as Sky picked up the thermometer and put it under his tongue, waiting a few moments for the impending beeping sound. As the beeping was soon heard breaking the short silence, Sky took the thermometer to look at the result before speaking.

"Your temperature isn't dangerously high but it's not great. We'll have to keep it down as best as we can, I'll get you something to drink and do you want something to eat? I can make you some soup if you like."

With a small smile, Jao nodded, "I'd like that, thank you."

"It's alright you don't have to thank me. I'd do anything for you.", he replied sincerely.

At those words, Jao could have sworn his heart had melted. He knew he would do the same for Sky.

Sky returned to the kitchen and set about making a bowl of chicken soup for his lover.

By the time he had returned Sky noticed he had the TV on, "Oh, you were watching a film without me, you wouldn't", he mocked pretending to look hurt.

Jao giggled and rolled his eyes playfully. "Oh Hahaha, come on come sit next to me and we can watch it". Patting the space on the sofa next to him.

For a small part of the film, Jao ate his soup carefully after reminding himself to take things slowly, not wanting to rush and make himself feel even more ill and end up being sick everywhere.

Putting the now empty bowl to one side he snuggled up to Sky to enjoy the rest of the film, as Sky immediately smiled and without hesitation put his arm around him.

"Are you feeling a little better now?"

Nodding he reassured his boyfriend, "A little now that I've had something to eat and drink, but I just hate feeling sick."

"I know you do. You'll be alright I'm sure It's just a fever, you just need to rest and just let me know if you need anything love."

"I will don't worry.", he said as he gave Sky a peck on the cheek.