11

Staying by his side was all Sky wanted to do. Night and day he never wanted to leave Jao's side, only returning home for food, a shower and a change of clothes.

Upon returning to the hospital Sky wasted no time in getting back to the room where his boyfriend currently resided, having now being in the hospital for a week Jao was already starting to show strong signs of small Improvement and would soon be able to able to come round and be little less heavily sedated.

With Jao's room now in sight, he made the last few steps Into strides as he reached for the handle to open the door but just as he was about to open the door to enter the room the door already began to open surprising him as he was quickly faced with the doctor and nurse who were caring for Jao.

Fear struck him, was there something wrong with Jao was he alright? His heart began to pound inside his chest as he prepared himself for the worst.

"Doctor is everything okay? Is Jao alright?, he asked worry evident on his face.

"It's alright. We are just cheaking up on him and he seems to be doing well at the moment, however, we're still wary of his ribs and It will be a long recoverey I myself will oversee the care of Jao until hopefully he will be able to leave in a few weeks time, we have lifted the sedation a little so he may wake up soon now please do excuse me I shall give you some time alone with your partner and I will be back later to check on him again."

With a bow to the doctor, Sky breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank you doctor."

Entering the room, Sky was once again met with the sight of his boyfriend in the hospital bed covered in tubes, the tubes were his only source of oxygen helping him breathe and putting less strain on his ribs while they healed.

Grabbing a chair from the corner of the room he took a seat at him bedside before gently taking Jao's hand in his. For a few moments, he sat quietly gazing lovingly at his boyfriend he had taken quite a lot of force from that boy but he was strong and a fighter.

But before long Jao started to come around a little as his eyes began to open, he was quickly aware of his surroundings and realised that for the moment he couldn't move and soon started to become agitated and unsettled. With quick thinking, Sky reached out with his hand and began gently stroking his hair with his thumb hoping to soothe him.

"Hey, love shh It's okay, It's okay I'm here It's alright", he said softly as he looked at him calming down a little.

Sky could see that Jao wanted to be close to him but for now he wasn't able to move while he was healing, for the moment Jao couldn't speak but he didn't need to Sky could see in his eyes what he was feeling.

"I know... I know sweetheart It's okay you'll be better soon I promise, but the tube has to stay in for now it's helping you to breathe putting less pressure on your ribs while they heal. I know it's uncomfortable but it will be able to come out soon."

In one small movement Sky watched as Jao reached out towards him placing his hand on his cheek, a small smile appeared on his face as he leaned into his boyfriends touch before placing a gentle kiss on the palm of his hand.

With his eyes flutering Sky could see he was tired and ready to sleep but before he fell asleep he saw how he looked at him with a question which he already knew was on his mind, "It's alright, everything is alright it's okay."