9

i got ready and put on some light vanilla perfume.

i then texted marcus "i'll be leaving" to which he replied "okay".

i left my house.

i knew exactly where he lived, i always passed their house for school, i missed that house.

i knocked on the door and -

"what" the voice from the other side said.

it was martinus.

i gulped, waiting for marcus until he finally appeared.

"heyy!" i said as we hugged.

"why are you two so close" martinus begun, closing the door behind him as we all left.

"he's coming with us?" i whispered to marcus.

"yeah he has to"

i sighed.

"hello are you going to answer my question?"

"oh, because we actually took the time to catch up and not let any guy get in the way?" marcus said, making me smile.

"whatever, at least i care about y/ns safety"

"you think i'm so vulnerable don't you" i said.

"because you are! you'd let any guy be your boyfriend without realising how bad of an influence he is! you should get someone who actually cares for you!"

"like who?" i snapped

"me" he whispered.

"excuse me? i heard that"

martinus didn't reply, he was embarrassed.

"that's besides the point, you're fucking clueless y/n" he snapped back eventually.

i looked at him, slightly surprised but also offended.

he begun to walk faster ahead of me and marcus.

"don't listen to him y/n"

"it's not that easy marcus"

"i know, he'll eventually regret it, trust me"

our walk to school was silent, knowing that martinus would still hear us made us not want to talk about anything

we walked through thr school gates, and i was pretty upset, i didn't even end up saying goodbye to marcus before i went to class because i was so upset.

i had math first, and i hated it.

it was pretty boring, the same old days, people would laugh behind my back, but it's okay because at least i was trying in school and caring for my future.

in the middle of lesson, my dance teacher came in.

"hello miss! is y/n in here?"

"of course she's sitting right there"

i was confused but then realised we were performing today. the perfomance was slightly controversial...

our teacher didn't care, she called it "art".

she was like gen z, she didn't care about the elders opinions.

she's get fired and laugh about it, she was fun.

i stepped out of class but before that my dance teacher said, "can you just explain to everyone tonight's performance?"

"uh-" everyone was giggling.

"yeah, tonight at 6pm we will be performing at the school gym, feel free to come and support us"

miss smiled and we walked out.

she closed the door.

"okay y/n, can you do me a favour and get everyone from the dance group to go to the gym so we can practice, we have the whole day to practice so don't worry"

"sure!"

i started to walk around the school halls looking for my dance groups' classes.

i ended up finding one of the classes and opened the door.

"morning sir, i'm just looking for alena, liliane andddd... that's it from this class"

i looked around, and great, i made eye contact with martinus, who was giving me a deathly flare.

alexa and liliane finally came up and we all left.

i decided to play around with martinus so i winked at him, which made him blush immediately.

"thanks sir"

"sure y/n"

i closed the door and handed the girls the paper.

"which classes are they?"

"down the corridor" they said making their way to the gym.

"thanks"

i got the remaining girls and came across marcus' class where he smiled at me.

we eventually all got to the gym, and i had received some news..

we all gathered around our dance teacher.

"okay class... i have an important announcement"

everyone stiffened up.

"since we can't all qualify as a group for tonight's show here in school, only ONE person can dance"

everyone looked around, and i was really stressed.

i wanted to get the part.

"okay class, who do you think should have the part?"