2

me and my mum quietly ate dessert, she eventually payed and we went back home.

we walked to our car in the parking lot and i hugged and thanked her for taking me shopping.

i bought some new books as well as clothing that i would wear all day and night. we drove back come, forming conversations about tonight.

"they're coming at 7pm, what's the time now?"

"it's 3pm mum"

"right honey, they got home this morning, their mum had told me how tired they are"

i smiled

"oh they probably are" i said.

"have they changed a lot?"

"well yeah.. i mean, we haven't seen them for 4 years mum, of course they changed"

"right, that was a stupid question."

we laughed.

"y/n are you going to come down at least? maybe say hello?"

"i guess so"

"good, because they don't know they're coming over to us"

"they don't ?"

"nope! it's a surpise"

"oh mum, you think they'll be surprised to see me? they refuse to communicate with me"

"it's going to be okay y/n"

we eventually got back home and i took a shower.

i ended up putting on some light makeup after, meaning concealer, fake freckles, mascara and highlighter.

i brushed my hair out and did this hairstyle:

and then put on this new outfit i got today

it was a loungewear type of thing, and i loved it

i stayed in my room, as per usual, mountains of books surrounding me as i didn't know which one to choose.

i put on m'y gold framed glasses to help read, yes i had gotten glasses.

and my fringe stood out when i clipped my hair back. i sat at my window sill, a place that i had loved.

and obviously, it was like déjà vu when my mum came in again.

i removed my headphones.

"hey honey, the will arrive soon, i'm rooting for you to come downstairs at one point"

"okay mum, love you"

"love you more" she closed the door as i sighed and went back to my reading.

i had headphones in, and i was completely disconnected.

i kept reading until i felt the floor slightly shake.

i removed my headphones and heard some happy cheering and laughing, and immediately knew it was the twins with their parents.

as i sat on my window sill, i noticed emma outside going onto my trampoline, which i didn't mind of course, and that's when i really knew it was the twins.

do i go downstairs now? no it's too early

what if my mum gets angry?

should i even ignore them like they ignored me for the past years?

what do i say?

how do i act?

do i talk to the twins?

all these stupid questions ran through my mind, and i just ended up going downstairs with my book in my chest and glasses slightly falling off of my nose.

i think they heard me coming downstairs, since silence had risen in the room, and not much talking was heard.

i walked down the steps in my vivienne westwood ugg's i wore every day when it was winter as the house was pretty chilly despite there being heating.

the slapping noise of my uggs got quieter as i realised i was really loud.

i made it to the bottom of the stairs and made my way for the kitchen.

slightly stressed, i appeared from around the corner as everyone watched.

i saw marcus and martinus next to eachother, my mum sitting next tot their mum and my dad sitting next to their dad.

"who's that-" i heard martinus whisper.

she couldn't finish his sentence when his mum risen to her feet.

ouch, that hurt, they didn't know who i was.

they didn't even recognise my hair? or my nose? my facial structure? did i not remind them of 11 year old y/n? 

"Y/N!" their mum said as their dad also came up, hugging me tightly.

"hey" i said to them.

i noticed marcus and martinus looked at eachother in a "we fucked up" type of way as well as a confused but shocked type of way.

"how have you been honey? we have missed you so so much!" their mum said.

"good, good.." i said, lying.

"have you stayed in contact with the twins?" their dad asked.

"that's for you and your sons to discuss" i said smiling.

i walked up to the boys as they looked at me, slightly scared.

"hey boys, i'm y/n" i said, making everyone laugh but them.

i smiled sarcastically and went back upstairs to my room.