4

(marcus pov)
me and martinus left her room, she really did change.

she now likes books, she has endless shelves, all her books were tagged with post it notes.

sometimes i just wish we didnt go on tour.

me and martinus went down the stairs together, kind of hopeless.

"so boys did you talk to her?" her mum asked.

"she's really stubborn" martinus said as i agreed.

"she is?" our mum said.

"yeah.. we can explain to you later mum" i said to mum.

"okay marcus, come on, sit down" she said as we agreed and sat down.

"would you like me to get her here?" y/ns mum asked.

"that would be amazing, she can sit in between the boys?"

me and martinus looked at eachother, slightly puzzled.

"that's fine, yeah" martinus said

"okay" said y/ns mum

her mum left and went upstairs as our mum just talked to us, the dads obviously went to the garage, that's where they always went.

"boys what happened?"

"she's really stubborn" martinus said.

i nodded in agreement.

"what do you mean? she was always a lovely girl!"

"well, apparently not since we left..." martinus said a bit angry.

"martinus be quiet! she's stubborn because she's mad we didn't stay in contact with her, and it's true! she always tried so hard to stay in contact but we always ignored her, she has every right to be angry at us" i said quickly, humbling martinus.

"oh boys..." our mum said.

"you really have to try at least try and stay in contact, even a hello would be alright" our mum said, and that's exactly what y/n said to us before.

suddenly we heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and that familiar white outfit appeared with those cozy uggs.

then her mum behind her, she still had that one book in her hand.

(y/n pov)

"y/n!" said their mum as mine followed behind me and sat down.

"hi!" i said, with a slight smile.

"come on and sit between the boys" i looked to see marcus and martinus having a seat in between them.

i sighed slightly and sat down next to them both.

"so y/n... tell me how's school going?"

"it's going pretty okay, although it could be better"

"why?"

"it would be better with some close friends i guess, but it's cool because i've got my nose all up in books every now and then"

"you like reading?"

"LOVE" i empathised.

"i can tell! your vocabulary has expanded since we last seen you." their mum said.

"obviously mum, she was 11 before we left, now she's like what?" martinus said, shocking me.

"you're not a good friend martinus... how could you forget her age?" their mum said.

"right... but anyways i'm 16"

"so it's been 5 years since we've seen you?"

"well no, almost 4, because i still remember when you would still visit us days before you would start travelling to collaborate with others, i think the first time you left for a long time was april 2014." their mum started to realise.

"that is correct! wow y/n, you're an amazing friend..."

"i try my best with friendships"

"right right.. and do you have a boyfriend?"

"i-" i paused, my mum smiled at me and the twins both looked at me.

"i used to... we weren't really um- in contact either, but i am talking to someone at the moment and he's really cute"

"ooooooo" their mum said as martinus looked slightly frustrated. why?

"y/n you didn't tell me about that boy yet!" my mum said, making me laugh.

"yeah yeah" i said between laughs.

"i'll tell you everything later" i said, noticing marcus smiling and also laughing whilst martinus was more serious, what was his problem? he ignored me for like almost 4 years,
so i should ignore him now!

"y/n did you try my cake yet?" my mum said.

"oh the cheesecake? um- i don't think so"

"have some!" she said.

"only a small slice please" i said "and then i can go back upstairs?" i said, looking at their mum.

"of course!"

i smiled when my mum cut me a piece.

i tried a slice.

"mother, gordon ramsey would be proud" i siad, making the whole table laugh, i noticed within the corner of my eye martinus trying not to laugh, but failing miserably.

i smiled and went upstairs with my cheesecake.