Chapter 16 | Chicken Noodle Soup

Zenitsu's POV

The apartment looked much better after I had gotten to it. I cleaned every inch of it, maybe he was right, I was maybe a little bit of a germaphobe.

"Did you manage to arrange something about your clothes, this is the second day you've spent in your uniform" he asked glumbly.

"I have, I'm meeting up with someone later today to pick up a bag" I told him as I flipped an egg in a pan on the stove, "What's up with you, you seem... deflated?"

"I'm hungover and I don't know if I have any pain killers" he sighed from the bed.

"You do, there's some in the medicine cabinet behind the mirror" I told him as I grabbed a plate.

"I have a medicine cabinet behind the mirror?" he asked in sudden surprise.

"Yes, I'll get you some" I said, I slid the egg onto a plate and left it on the counter while I went to the bathroom. I had cleaned the bathroom as well and now it looked much better. I took the pain killers from behind the mirror and brought the bottle over to him. He was still in bed with a pillow over his head.

"You shouldn't have drank so much you know" I told him, "And for what?"

"I was trying to get some information, and to get it I had drinks with someone who could get me said information" he told me, he shook some pills out of the bottle and swallowed them dry, the bottle was left empty.

"Hm, can you put painkillers on the grocery list?" he asked.

"You don't have a grocery list" I told him.

"Can you start one then, put anything on it that you need or want" he said.

"You can't just pay for everything, I'm sure I'll find a way to help around" I proposed.

"You have already, this place hasn't been this clean in a while," he said.

"Yeah, but I can only clean so much, there's not much else I can do," I said.

"You can cook can't you, that egg smells pretty good" I heard him say from behind the divider.

"It's for you, I figured you'd be hungry" I said as I took the plate with a fork behind the divider.

He chuckled slightly, "Awww, you're so sweet" he mumbled.

"I'll leave it on the dresser, eat it before it gets cold" I said as I left the plate on the structure next to the bed.

"If you can draft up a list we can go to the store later today" he said.

"Ok sure"

___

He spent the morning and a bit of the afternoon in bed, asleep or mumbling some sort of conversation.

Though there wasn't much for me to do up until he finally got up out of bed and started getting ready for an outing. I had indeed drafted a grocery list, basic necessities. He says he doesn't spend a lot of time in the apartment regardless, that's why it's not well kept and there isn't a lot of food.

He lent me some clean clothes, black pants, and a plain t-shirt. Though I left my sweater on, too many dark clothes were too suspicious, a regular blue medical mask and a sage coloured beanie. It wasn't my taste but then again that was probably the point, nobody would recognize me in this.

He was in a green and black checkered sweater, jeans and he had a black cap and blue scarf around his face. He also kept his gloves in his bag and kept his 'special' boots on.

The two of us seemed like normal people.

"Are we taking the train?" I asked as we walked out of the apartment building.