Chapter 5 | Repairs

Zenitsu's POV

I swayed back and forth on the creaky swing, I was back here again. A part of me was hoping the psychotic serial bomber would show up. I guess I was just hoping someone would come along.

I perked up when I heard him walking up behind me, and I just knew it was him, and it's not like it could've been anyone else. Not at this place and time of night.

He walked up and took a seat on the rusty swing next to mine. Neither of us said anything, we just sat there.

"What's wrong?" I mumbled, "You seem mopey"

"I'm not mopey" he grumbled, though the tone of his voice was slightly agitated.

"You're a bad liar" I said, "I thought criminals were supposed to be good at that kind of thing"

"I don't need to be a good liar to blow things up," he mumbled.

I chuckled a little at the remark, "You are mopey right now though" I said.

"My glove broke," he said as he showed me his hand, "I don't know what to do about it"

I took his hand in mine and traced the bent and broken metal with my finger, "Is this a bullet hole?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think it's still in there too," he said.

My mind raced as I thought about all the damage on all the different pieces on the thick glove, "If you can't fix them yourself then steal a new pair, steal a new glove" I suggested as he took his hand back.

"That's harder than it sounds. Whenever the DFS gets shipments, they come in bulk in big crates. Stealing a single pair of gloves, let alone a single glove is a lot harder than taking a whole shipment of large crates" he explained, "And I can't fix them"

"I could fix it for you" I blurted impulsively. When I caught myself the world had already come out.

"Could you?" he asked cautiously.

"I would need new parts, but yeah, I could fix it," I said.

"What do you want?" he asked, "Nothing's free"

"Well then just give me an IOU, I can't think of anything off the top of my head" I told him.

"If I get you the parts, you'd fix my glove?"

"Yeah"

"That'd probably make you my accomplice you know" he mumbled.

I hadn't thought about that, "Not if nobody knows about it" I said.

"You must be pretty bored to want to do this," he said.

"Yeah I guess I am," I said.

"I'll get you the pieces" he said as he stood up, "Meet me here again tomorrow night"

I didn't watch but I could tell he also had energy boots. They were shoes with a thick sole, in the sole there was a mechanism that released energy, they could make you move faster and jump higher.

___

My eyes blinked open, my alarm blared loudly on the edge of my bed frame. I went to turn the alarm off but my phone fell off the bed frame and thumped on the ground. Then I HAD to get up to shut it off. I threw the blankets off myself and threw my legs over the side of the bed, I got up and grabbed my phone off the ground. I turned off the alarm as I walked over the window to pull the blinds open.

The sky was a cloudy grayish blue, the sun was starting to rise which lightened the cloudy sky but I didn't think it would get much brighter today.

I got dressed into my uniform, a light yellow sweater on top of a white dress shirt with a light green tie, and beige pants patterned with odd square lines.