Chapter 15 | Fancy Grape Juice

Zenitsu's POV

"I'm going to miss my phone" I sighed as I sat on a bench of a random station where he'd 'pulled over'.

"You sent all your pictures and important things to your email, and you wrote all the phone numbers down. You have everything except the phone" he said as he patted me on the shoulder.

"Where to now though? It'll get dark soon" I asked as I watched the train leave the station with my phone hidden under one of the seats. I knew Gramps had a tracking app on my phone, he said I should ditch it, send the agency on a wild goose chase to give us some time. Though it wouldn't trace where I've been, just where the phone was at the moment, they couldn't see the path we'd taken to the station which was convenient.

"I'm taking you home, it's not far from this station" he said as he stood from the bench.

"What will I do now while I'm 'missing', how will I spend my days?" I sighed dramatically.

"There's always some cleaning to be done," he shrugged.

"I'm serious though" I said as I punched him playfully on the arm.

"There is something, the other day I saw a field leader who was carrying a sword..." he started.

"I think I already know where this is going," I said with a little smile.

"Theoretically, if I got you the pieces, could you maybe, possibly, try to make a sword" he asked.

"For you?"

"Well y'know, not for me specifically, just for anyone in need of a sword" he mumbled.

"You have practically brand new gloves" I laughed.

"Yeah but like swords are way cooler, and it would really help me assert my dominance against the agency" he said, "It would definitely give you something to do" he hummed.

"I guess, when I was in training I always wanted to make a sword. But they wouldn't let us, even prototypes were too risky to make unless you were working a commission. Swords always have to have a place in the right hands" I told him.

"And there's an empty spot right in my hand" he said as he put his hand up to show me.

"You mean where your glove is?" I asked playfully as we walked.

"You've always wanted to make one, and ever since I was a trainee I've wanted to fight with one. It works out" he said in a convincing voice.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to need more than just materials, writing utensils, planning paper, welding tools, non flammable work space" I listed everything I needed on my fingers, "Constant soda to stay awake and active"

He laughed when I said the last one, "I'm sure I can supply you with everything"

___

I walked into his apartment.

"My goodness this place is a pit!" I exclaimed in shock. He laughed, "You weren't joking about cleaning needing to be done"

"No, not really," he laughed.

"Don't you get paid crazy money to do crazy things and yet you live here?" I asked as I stepped over a random coat that was on the floor.

"I know, it's not great, I was clearly expecting company" he sighed.

"Do you even have a bed?" I asked.

"It's behind the curtain" he said as he gestured to that part of the room.

"I'm definitely going to be busy cleaning this place" I nodded vigorously as I looked around at the mess.

"You don't have to clean anything, I was just joking when I said that" he rolled his eyes playfully.