Origami and Doctors

"And then you fold this part, John."

Sherlock's deep baritone voice instructed John as he tried (emphasis on tried) to replicate Sherlock's paper crane. They sat at the dining table which Sherlock had cleared to make space. Little tiny origami animals were strewn everywhere, these obviously made by Sherlock. John's creations....were terrible.

Origami. Origami was his hobby.

'Though, I suppose, it is fitting. He doesn't have to talk to anyone, therefore he can't insult anyone, therefore he can't get punched in the face as much.'

John folded the edge and held up his work.

It looked like a potato.

"Awwww..." John whined, pouting. He was rubbish at origami.

Sherlock chuckled, quietly rose from his chair and stood behind John. His chest pressed against his back and his chin almost rested on John's shoulder. He reached around the doctor with his long arms and folded the paper correctly. John froze and blushed.

John could feel Sherlock's heartbeat against his left shoulder. Wait. Was it...

...elevated?

John's own heartbeat began to race, Sherlock's face was so close to his that he could just close his eyes and lean-

"There." Sherlock stated proudly. "Don't worry, John. You only folded a couple of wrong lines." He smiled at his friend.

"Thanks, Sherlock." John got out of his seat. "Do you want some tea?"

"I'd love some."

John hurried out of the lounge area and boiled the kettle, and began to think. Sherlock's pulse was /definitely/ beating fast. John was absolutely positive. But the possibility of that being because he.../liked/ John was, although an enticing idea, probably out of the question with Sherlock, now that he thought about it.

John sighed and finished making tea, bringing the little tray out into the sitting room. Sherlock was in his armchair, eyes closed and fingers steepled.

"Mind Palace." John muttered, switching on the telly, flicking channels until he found his favourite show. It was already halfway through one episode, and another followed this one. It had about half an hour to go.

---------------------------------------------

"DOO WEE WOOO!!" He shouted along with the theme song to the second full episode of Doctor Who. John's absolute favourite show ever was on finally when Sherlock wasn't paying attention.

A Doctor Who marathon was showing. After about three hours of being completely glued to the television screen, a deep, velvety voice said:

"Perhaps I misjudged this show."

John cried out and looked over at Sherlock. He was staring at the telly, fingers still steepled at his perfect lips, actually watching Doctor Who and not criticising it.

"You like it?" John said with a goofy grin on his face.

Sherlock thought for a moment. "Yes, I believe I do. Matt Smith is an excellent actor."

John grinned even wider and turned his attention back to the TV, and they watched Doctor Who together.