Eggs and Presents

-------The next morning-------

Sherlock trotted into the kitchen. He was in a very good mood this morning. Unusual. And he was excited to not have a case. Also extremely unusual, bordering on "Who are you and what have you done with Sherlock Holmes?"

He opened the fridge (ignoring the plastic bag of thumbs) and grabbed a carton of eggs. He decided to cook this morning. (Okay, seriously where is the real Sherlock?)

This was the question on John's mind as he trumped downstairs. He hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night, and it showed on his face. His eyes bore dark circles underneath them and when he walked, he barely lifted his feet off the ground, causing him to trip a few times, though his eyes widened considerably when he saw what was happening in the kitchen.

"Sherlock Holmes, are you cooking?" He said incredulously.

"Mmm." Came the reply. Sherlock glanced up at him and grinned.

"I've got to get this on camera." John said to himself. He dug out his phone from underneath a stack if papers and took a picture of Sherlock in his dressing gown, cooking eggs.

As Sherlock busied himself in the kitchen, John sat down and flicked to a random channel to watch some crap telly. A soap opera was showing and John settled himself down on the couch to watch.

"OF COURSE HE'S NOT THE FATHER! LOOK AT THE TURNUPS ON HIS JEANS!" Sherlock shouted at the TV.

"AHH!" Shrieked John, flailing his arms. He opened his eyes (he must have fallen asleep) to find Sherlock sitting beside him with a plate of eggs and toast in his lap, wrapped in a blanket and shouting at the television set.

He looked down at his own lap to find a plate of food as well as a blanket which Sherlock had covered him with.

"Th-Thank you, Sherlock." He mumbled. Since when did Sherlock do nice things for him? Not that he was complaining...

"Hmm? Oh. Yes. Well, you're welcome." He said gruffly. John smiled. He was clueless when it came to social interaction. He gave a small laugh and ate his eggs, which tasted bloody delicious.

-------After breakfast and getting changed and stuff------

"John, I'm going out."

John turned his head towards the door. Sherlock was shrugging into his coat and navy blue scarf and pulling on his black gloves.

"Out? Where?"

"For a...walk."

"Okay."

Sherlock turned up the collar of his coat (causing John to blush) and John turned back to the telly. Miranda was having an affair with Jason and Skyler had just found out! This stuff was really addictive.

----------Following Sherlock----------

Sherlock was off to the shops to find John a present.

He had no clue (which was beginning to frustrate him immensely) why or what he was going to buy, but somewhere in his...heart? Head? He wanted to get John a present.

As he walked through Oxford street he glanced in the windows of a few shops, nothing really catching his eye, until he came across something that immediately reminded him of John. He threw open the door, causing the poor old clerk to almost have a heart attack, and made a beeline for the small item, picking it up in his large, pale hands.

It was perfect.

---------------------------------------------

A/N:

So what did Sherlock find? Tell me what you think it is in the comments and however gets it right will win....um...a metaphorical trophy.

Yes.

Vote and comment please, it really helps me out!! Next chapter most likely will be up tomorrow night or if I really can't sleep tonight, then I'll write something tonight.

Don't forget to message me about any collaboration ideas you may have!

Love, Red.

xoxo

Ps: sorry it's short (it's about one in the morning here (go the fuck to sleep, Red. (Yep, I swear when I'm tired.)))

Night all. Have a pleasant whatever time it is!