Dinner part 4 (the rejection)

John leaned back as a waiter came to take their menus. Sherlock then spoke to him in perfect French, ordering their food. John was seriously impressed.

"I'd no idea you could speak French."

The detective shrugged. "Learning languages comes easily to me."

John smiled and looked down at his hands. For a while, they said nothing; the air was thick with awkwardness and tension.

"John."

The doctor's head whipped up at the sound of Sherlock's voice. The detective was staring at him, his stunning eyes locked on John's. The down lights in the restaurant cast shadows on his sharp cheekbones, making him look dark and beautiful.

"Y-yeah?"

"I know what's going on, I think, and we need to talk about it."

Oh, shit. Shit, shit, shit, damn, damn, bugger-

"W-what do you mean?"

"I know you have feelings for me, John."

John's breath caught in his throat. His heart thumped audibly against his ribcage and his palms began to sweat profusely.

Well, there was no use in denying it.

John sighed and dropped his head into his hands.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"For what?"

Sherlock's voice did not come from across the table.

Instead, it came from right beside him. John jerked his gaze up to meet Sherlock's, his hands still out in front of him like claws.

Sherlock's expression did not contain any anger, any accusations, any negative emotion. It was devoid of anything but a small smile on those lips of his, and kindness in his eyes.

"Y-you're not angry?" John whispered.

Sherlock chuckled and leaned in to whisper in John's ear.

"Of course not. Because..."

He pulled away and looked John in the eyes with an intense gaze, so close their noses were almost touching.

Suddenly, Sherlock grabbed the neck of John's jumper and crashed their lips together.

It was warm and soft. Sherlock, for someone who probably hadn't kissed much before, clumsily placed a hand on the back of John's neck, his long, slender fingers knotting in his hair.

John let out a small noise of surprise and for a moment, he did nothing. But soon the feeling of Sherlock's mouth on his overcame everything.

And he kissed him back.

---------------------------------------------

EDIT: AUTHOR'S NOTE

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

I hope I fooled you with the title.

I want to end this chapter it here because I'm a troll and also I have no idea how to end this story. -_-"

So, yeah. Lemme know if you liked it/hate me for being a cheeky bugger.

Bye!

Red XX