Chapter 29

It had been a few months since the team had stopped Rieter and his men on Lian Yu. They knew that soon it would be time for them to go home and save their city, but in the meantime they still had training with the League of Assassins to finish. They knew that soon enough Ras would offer for all of them to be his Horsemen and that would be when the team would know that they had learned everything that needed to be learned here.

"We are getting close to the five year mark that Novu told us about, Arrow. That means that hopefully we will be going home soon." Black Canary said as they made their way to train with Nyssa for the day.

"Yeah, I just hope that we don't have to do something drastic to get out of here." Arrow said.

"If it comes to that, then we will do what we have to do." Black Canary said and Arrow nodded as they made it into the room with Nyssa to begin their training for the day.

. . .

Later that night, the whole team was called into the throne room and saw Ras waiting for them. They all walked in and bowed to the master and remained there. "I have to say all of you did your training in much less time then most of the League's inductees. You have completed your training and because you were all so quick in doing that, I am naming all of you my Horsemen. This is a great honor. You will be able to act in my proxy if I am unable to be somewhere. This gives you a lot of power here. I hope you won't take that lightly." Ras said.

"We won't master. So, do we have a new mission?" Arrow asked.

"You do. Some man is trying to take over Russia. If this happens, it will be like it was back during the Cold War. We can't allow that to happen. That is why I am sending you, my most loyal assassins." Ras said.

"We will complete this mission for you master, but with us being done with training, could this be a way to buy our freedom?" Flash asked.

"You want to leave the League? How about we talk about this when you get back, but know that I will consider what you have asked." Ras said as the team nodded, knowing that was the best they were going to get for now.

The team got up and left the throne room and went to get all of the supplies that they would need for this mission that they were being sent on now. Soon they were ready to go and they were making their way to Russia.

. . .

Later that day, they arrived in Russia and decided to split up so that they could cover the city, looking for Kovar and his men. They found that Kovar himself stayed at his mansion for the most part. He had his men do all of his dirty work. They could see that Kovar was well trained in fighting, which meant that he was able to take care of himself even though he didn't seem to get his hands dirty for the most part.

When the team got back together at their hotel that night, everyone explained what they had learned that day. "Looks like Kovar doesn't like to get his hands too dirty, even though he is able to fight well." Arrow said.

"We found his men trying to strong-arm people that were obviously powerful in this country. Probably part of the Government that he is trying to bring over to his side." White Canary said.

"Sounds about right with what Ras was telling us. We can't let him get that power. I don't think we know enough yet. We need to wait an extra day to make sure that we know what we are going up against." Arrow said and the team nodded in agreement.

"Why don't we go and see an old friend of ours and see if he can give us any information?" Supergirl asked, since they all knew that Anatoly was in Russia now.

"Good idea. I will go with Flash and Black Canary. The rest of you try to find out more about Kovar." Arrow said as he, Flash and Black Canary changed into their street clothes and then went to find the bar that they all knew was a hangout for the Bratva.

. . .

When the three walked into the bar, they looked around and found who they were looking for. They walked over to the man and he saw them and stood up and said, "Well, if it isn't my favorite American's. What are you doing here in my country?"

"We need some information on Constantine Kovar." Arrow said.

"What is it that you need with Kovar? He is a very dangerous man. If you are planning on going after him, you won't even get close because of all of the security that he has." Anatoly said.

"Let us worry about that. If you give us the information that we need. We can have him out of the way by tomorrow night." Flash said.

"What happened to you on that island? You used to be nicer than you are now." Anatoly said as he looked at his friends.

"We have been through a lot, Anatoly. So, what can you tell us about Kovar?" Black Canary asked.

"He is a very bad man. We Bratva can't move against him because he has a deal with our boss and we can't break that deal. Even those of use who don't agree with the deal. If you take out Kovar and his men you will have to deal with half of Bratva as well." Anatoly said.

"So, what would be the easiest way to take Kovar down?" Arrow asked.

"I think the best way to do it would be for you to try and get into his mansion after he has gone to sleep that night. His security goes home once he goes to sleep. That should make it easier to get to him." Antoly said.

"That makes sense. Do you think the boss would be ok if we just took Kovar out and what is left of his men at the mansion?" Black Canary asked.

"It takes away their leader. I think that is what he really wants, so it will have to do." Flash said.

"Thank you for your help, Anatoly. It was good to see you again." Black Canary said and the men nodded in agreement.

"It was good to see the three of you as well. Don't be strangers now. And make sure to bring the rest of your group the next time that we meet." Anatoly said and the heroes nodded in agreement as they left the bar to meet up with the others.