Chapter 27

It had been nearly a year since the team had returned to Nanda Parbat to continue their training and wait for their next assignment. It seemed that Ras only sent them on big missions since they hardly ever got sent out at all. Today they were summoned to the throne room and they were making their way there to see what their master wanted them for.

"I have a mission for you. This shouldn't be that hard for you since you already know the terrain. You will be going back to Lian Yu. There is a group of mercenaries there that are looking for an artifact that they can't get their hands on. If they are allowed to get their hands on this artifact the world could very well be in danger." Ras said.

"Ok, what is so special about this artifact?" Black Canary asked.

"It will give its holder the ability to use magic. The artifact is fueled by death. The more death that happens around it, the stronger the holder will be." Ras said.

"I can see why we need to make sure that these people don't get this artifact now. We will make sure that this artifact is taken care of master. Is there anything else before we leave?" Arrow asked.

"No, you have all of the details that I have. Go now and take care of this problem." Ras said as the team left the throne room and grabbed some street clothes so that they would fit in with the people who were supposedly being held captive on the island and then made their way to a plane that would fly them over Lian Yu.

. . .

Five hours later the team was parachuting down to the island that they had called home for two year. "You know, I never thought I would miss this place, but I think things were easier here than they are in Nanda Parbat." White Canary said.

"I have to agree with you there. I do have to say that we wouldn't be where we are right now if we weren't in Nanda Parbat though." Flash said.

"You are right about that. So, what is the plan?" Supergirl asked.

"Some of us will infiltrate the group of hostages and find out all the information that we can while the rest of us will just scout things from the outside, keeping an eye on everything and making a determination of what needs to be done here. We will meet back up at nightfall and discuss our findings." Arrow said.

"Who is going to be on the inside then?" Black Canary asked.

"I think we should send Supergirl and Flash for that since they will be able to sneak away with their speed. The rest of us will be watching your backs from the outside. If things go well, we could be out of here by tomorrow." Arrow said.

Supergirl and Flash used their speed to sneak themselves in unnoticed. They watched what the hostages were doing and then they took their places and got to work as well. Later in the day Flash and Supergirl saw a man walk out of a tent and then saw the men working for him bring three people forward. "I would like to thank you for your hard work, but you are no longer needed." the man said as the men that worked for him shot the three people and you could see the essence of the three people fly into the tent and the man's eyes turned yellow as though he was being infused with power.

"Did you see that? I don't think that White Canary, Athena, and I will be able to help with this guys. You might be able to with your alien attributes, but I think that Arrow, Artemis, and Black Canary are going to be the ones to deal with that guy, while the rest of us deal with his underlings." Flash said.

"I think you are right. I think this might be a bit out of my depth as well." Supergirl said.

"We will talk this over with the team tonight. I wonder if they were able to see that from where they are hiding?" Flash asked.

"I am sure they were able to see it. I wonder what they are thinking right now?" Supergirl asked.

"I don't know. Let's get back to work so we don't draw attention to ourselves." Flash said as they both got back to work.

. . .

Arrow, Black Canary, Artemis, White Canary, and Athena were all on the edge of the woodline watching to see what they could find out. They saw that three people were killed and their essence was taken into the tent and the boss was infused with that energy and they really unnerved them.

"I don't like this. I don't think there is much that Supergirl, Flash, Athena, and I will be able to help you with this guy. I guess that means that we will have to take out his soldiers while the three of you deal with the boss." White Canary said.

"Yeah, that is the way that it looks. Supergirl might be able to help being that she is an alien, but I don't think we will need her either way with the three of us having specter powers." Arrow said and they all knew that he was right.

"We will talk this over when we meet up tonight. It looks like we know what we have to do now. I think we should be able to finish this at the latest, tomorrow night." Arrow said and the others nodded in agreement as they thought the same thing.

. . .

Later that night the team met up and talked about their plan. "I think that as long as everyone other than Arrow, Black Canary, and Artemis stay away from the boss, everything should be pretty easy." Flash said.

"I was thinking the same thing. We will take out the boss while the rest of you take out the other soldiers that are guarding the camp and the hostages. I say we take another day to scout things out so that we know we aren't missing something and then we act tomorrow night. Does that work for everyone else?" Arrow asked and the team nodded because they all thought it was smart to make sure they knew everything that could happen when they finally did decide to attack.