Chapter 3

Over the next couple of day, the group was learning how to use the powers that they were given. Oliver, Thea, and Laurel were working with their Specter powers. They figured out that they could do pretty much anything with those powers. Of course, Laurel would hardly ever use them because she was a person who liked to work for what she accomplished. Oliver and Thea were not like that right now, but if what Novu said was true, they knew that in the future they were going to be using more of the archery and fighting skills than anything else.

Sara was trying to learn how to use her mind control powers but they would only really work on Barry. She would get him to speed through the forest and get them all food all of the time. She and Laurel would then work on the echolocation and the Canary Cries which were pretty easy for them to control right now.

Barry used his speed a lot and was really getting good at using it. He would work with Kara even though he was still a bit mad at her for keeping her heritage away from him even though they had been dating.

Kara already had experience using her powers, so she didn't need to work on it much. She would try to help the others as much as she could with using their powers. She felt that she had to make it up to them because she had lied to all of them for so long. She was surprised that everyone wasn't mad at Oliver and Thea as well, being that they had known about her powers as well, but they seemed to know that Oliver and Thea wouldn't be able to tell them because it was not their secret to tell.

On their third day on the island Kara, Sara, and Laurel heard a noise coming from the forest that was different than what they were used to hearing. Out of nowhere and an arrow came towards Oliver and because Kara was standing next to him, she was able to catch it before it made contact with him. She turned to see that Barry was nowhere to be seen and the next thing the group knows, Barry is walking out of the woods with a guy that had a bow and arrows and was wearing a green hood.

"Why were you trying to shoot our friend?" Barry asked.

The man said something in what they assumed was Chinese. Kara looked at the man and said in Chinese, "Why were you trying to shoot my brother?"

"I was doing it to keep you safe. There are people on this island that will hurt you. The only thing that I was trying to do was hide you from the people who will hurt you." The man said in Chinese.

"I don't know how things work where you are from, but most of the time when you hurt someone you show that you are hard to trust." Kara said in Chinese.

"I understand that, but now I will take you to a place we can hide." The man said in Chinese.

"Hey Ollie, I think this might be one of the teachers that Novu was talking about." Thea said.

"I think you might be right. I think he is the one who is going to teach us archery." Oliver said.

"We already have a cave we have been staying in. You can come with us if you want to." Laurel said to the man and he nodded and started to follow them.

"My name is Yeo Fei." The man said.

"You know English?" Sara asked.

"A little bit." Yeo Fei said.

"Ok, so can you teach my sister and I archery?" Oliver asked and the man nodded.

Yeo Fei then started to give Oliver and Thea lessons on archery. After a few hours they were able to hit the tree that Yeo Fei wanted them to. He then went to the tree and carved a target in it so that Oliver and Thea could work on hitting that. Thea was the first to hit the outside of the target. She seemed to be a natural at archery. It took Oliver a while, but he finally hit the target and after he had hit it once he was able to do it on a regular basis. Oliver was the first to hit the bullseye, but it took him several days to be able to do it. Soon Thea hit it as well.

Kara wanted to learn everything that she could while she was here, so she got Yeo Fei to teach her how to shoot as well. She knew that she didn't need it, but it would be nice to have some way to still go out with her friends and family if she somehow lost her powers for any amount of time. She knew that Kal would occasionally blow out his powers and he would be out of commission for a couple of day. She didn't want that to happen to her as well, so she would learn to fight when that time came, and she would learn archery as well. She knew that she could never be to prepared.

"The three of you are doing well with archery. You might be able to help me get my daughter back from the man who I was trying to protect you from." Yeo Fei said in Chinese.

"We would be happy to. I will tell the others now what you need our help with." Kara said back in Chinese.

"He needs our help to rescue his daughter from the man who is taking over this island. I think we should try to help him." Kara said.

"I agree. Thea and I can help with our archery. Kara and Barry can help with their speed, which no one will really notice, and Laurel can use her Specter powers and Sara her mind control. Just use everything sparingly so that no one will notice." Oliver said.

"Wow Ollie, you really can be a leader when you want to be. I think it is kind of hot." Laurel said.

"Glad you think so, but now is not the time for that. We will help you get your daughter back." Oliver said to Yeo Fei who nodded back, and they followed Yeo Fei to where they would try to get his daughter back.