Chapter 15

Slade led Ivo and his men up to where the group had made their camp and saw that all of them had left the camp and they also had the serum with this. This was an unexpected complication. Slade thought that the kids would still be there being that they didn't go to the beach with him. Obviously this was not going to be as easy as he thought it was going to be.

"Where is the group of people you have been here with this whole time? You said that they had the serum." Ivo said.

"They are obviously smarter than I gave them credit for. They must have been listening in on me." Slade said.

"Well, you better find them or we will not be needing you." Ivo said and Slade got the message.

"Hey kid. Come on out and I will make sure that you have a way home for you and all of your friends." Slade yelled out for Oliver.

Oliver didn't answer. He knew better than to give Slade what he wanted. He knew that this serum was nothing good and he wasn't going to give it up just so that he could get home. He didn't trust these people and he would not give in to them.

"Well, it looks like you are worthless to me. I will give you one last chance to find your friends. If you don't find them, well let's just say you never should have come down to the beach to meet us." Ivo said.

This was starting to concern Slade. He never thought that the kids, Yeo Fei and Shado would take off with the serum. "Come on kid, give up the serum or they are going to kill me. I thought we were friends." Slade said.

Oliver looked at the rest of the group wondering if they should change their plan. On the one hand, Slade had betrayed them, but on the other hand he had been their friend and had trained them.

"What do you think we should do?" Oliver asked.

"We can't give the serum to these men. If we do and then they catch us, they will use it on us and the people on that ship." Kara said.

"Ok, are we all in agreement that we stay where we are?" Oliver asked and the whole team nodded.

"I don't think there is anything that we can do but destroy the serum. It is for the best that we do that." Laurel said.

"I agree. It is too dangerous to keep it around." Barry said.

"I know I am the youngest here, so my opinion doesn't mean that much, but I agree with the others. We need to destroy this stuff." Thea said.

"Speedy, your opinion will always matter. You are a part of the team, so your opinion matters." Laurel said.

"Thanks." Thea said.

"Ok, so we are all agreeing that we need to destroy the serum. Yeo Fei, light the box on fire. The rest of us will be on the lookout for any trouble." Oliver said and Yeo Fei nodded as he started to work on a fire.

. . .

Not long later, Slade and Ivo saw smoke in the air and they had a bad feeling. "They can't be that stupid. They wouldn't burn the serum being that it is their only leverage off of this island." Slade said.

"I don't know. It looks like they are burning it. You better find them or your life will be over." Ivo said.

"Oliver! You better not be burning the serum. It is our only way off of this island." Slade said and he still got no answer.

Slade turned around and saw that one of Ivo's men was aiming a gun at him. The man pulled the trigger and hit him in the gut. Slade fell to the ground and Ivo was assuming that Slade was dying, so he and his men left to try and find the serum before it was all destroyed. Little did they know that Slade had a vile with him and he injected himself with it and he started to convulse and then stopped breathing.

A few minutes later Slade woke up and went after Ivo and his men for trying to kill him. He caught up with them and made easy work of all of them. He then made the decision that he was going to go and take the ship and leave the rest of his former team here on the island.

. . .

"Did you see what just happened? Slade took the serum, now he seems to be like you and Clark." Oliver said to Kara.

"Yeah, he is strong, but I don't think he has anything on me and Clark. I guess we will find out though." Kara said.

"We can't let him off of this island with that stuff in his system. That serum is too dangerous to be out in the real world." Laurel said.

"I know. Let's go and stop him and also help those people who are on the ship." Oliver said and everyone went to go and catch up with Slade.

. . .

When the team caught up with Slade, Oliver spoke up and said, "Slade. We can't let you off this island with that serum in you. It is too dangerous to be out in the world."

"You will have to stop me then kid." Slade said as he started swimming toward the ship.

The team then went after him. They didn't catch him until they were all on the ship. " I will take care of Slade. The rest of you go and release the people who are on the ship." Oliver said.

"You really think you can take me kid?" Slade asked.

"I guess we will find out." Oliver said as Slade attacked him.

With Oliver using his powers, he was able to make it into an interesting fight. Far better than Slade thought it would be.

"I am impressed kid, but you will never beat me." Slade said.

"Maybe not, but I will make it so that you can't leave this island." Oliver said as he saw Kara come back into the room that they were in and he gave her a slight nod.

Kara turned toward the wall and used her heat vision until there was a hole in the side of the ship and it started to sink. "What the hell happened? Where did that hole come from?" Slade asked.

"I told you that you weren't leaving Slade." Oliver said.

"I am going to kill you kid, then I am going to finish off the rest of your friends." Slade said.

"Not if I kill you first." Oliver said as Slade turned back towards him and Oliver stuck an arrow in his eye. Slade fell down and appeared to be dead.

Oliver and the rest of the team made it back to the island with the rest of the prisoners and made their way back to their camp. Once they were there they took a moment to mourn their friend, then they got to work helping the prisoners make a place for them to live on the island as well.