Chapter 8

Over the next couple of days everyone was training hard because they knew that sooner or later Fyers and his men would come for them and they would probably need to use some of their powers as well. They knew that the mercenaries would come after them with all they had, which meant that in order to live they would have to use everything at their disposal, even if that meant using their powers discreetly.

Barry and Kara would have to be careful with their powers since their powers would be visible for everyone to see. All of the others could use their powers easily because they were not visible powers. As normal, Oliver, Thea, and Kara were working on archery, While Barry, Laurel, and Sara were working mostly on their martial arts training. Oliver and Thea would also work with Slade on training with swords, or for what they had now, sticks. The two Queen siblings would also work on their martial arts because they wanted to be well rounded. Just as the Lance sibling would work with Slade because their preferred weapons would be staffs and the like.

The team was really starting to shape up and they were wondering if they really had to go to the League of Assassins when the first two years were over. They knew that they would have to follow the path that Novu laid out in front of them or something could go wrong, so they would do as they were told even though they thought they could do without the League.

It was getting near dark now so it was time for them to get in the plane that they had been using for a home and make sure that they were safe until the morning. Everyone would take turns watching out for the mercenaries during the night so that they weren't taken by surprise.

Oliver and Laurel were on first watch. They were sitting there watching the surroundings when Oliver saw something move out of the corner of his eye. Oliver looked harder and he could see that four men were watching them from in the trees. He looked at Laurel and said, "I think we are being watched."

"I think so too. There are people on my side as well." Laurel said.

"How many do you see?" Oliver asked.

"I see four. What about on your side?" Laurel asked.

"Four. There are also some in front of us as well. I think it looks like six there." Oliver said.

"I am going to make it look like I am doing a patrol and see what I can see from the other side of the plane." Laurel said as she got up and walked to the other side of the plane.

When Laurel got back she sat down and said, "Looks like there are ten of them back there. Should we wake the others?" Laurel asked.

"Not yet. I want to see what they will do. They can't really hurt us anyways, so I think we should just have a wait and see approach." Oliver said.

"Sounds good to me. So, what are we looking for?" Laurel asked.

"We just need to watch them and if they start to get closer or start to shoot, that is when we wake everyone up and attack them." Oliver said.

"Ok, well I am going to take another look around back. I think that is where they would attack from if they were going to do anything, because that is where we don't have eyes right now." Laurel said.

"Be careful, and if you need any help just call and I will be there as quickly as I can." Oliver said and Laurel nodded and then kissed him on the cheek before going to take her position on the other side of the plane.

When Laurel got to the other side of the plane she saw that she was right and the mercenaries were starting to approach the plane from that side. Laurel ran back around to the other side of the plane and said, "Wake everyone up Ollie. I will go and take care of these guys until everyone can help." Laurel said and Oliver nodded as he went to wake up the rest of their friends.

Laurel went back around to the back on the plane and the mercenaries started to shoot at her. She used her Specter powers to make sure that the bullets didn't hit her and as one of the men got close to her she took her sticks out of her belt and started to attack the man with her martial arts skills. This was showing her what she had really learned. It was one thing to spar, but this was actual fighting and she seemed to be taking care of this guy fairly easily, which meant that she was truly becoming the person that Novu that she could be.

Soon, Oliver and the rest of the team were taking their places around the plane and taking out men with all of their different kinds of training. Oliver, Thea, and Kara were using their archery and martial arts skills while Laurel, Sara, and Barry were using martial arts and the girls were using their sticks. Slade, Shado and Yeo Fei were also using all of their skills as well.

The mercenaries seemed to realize that they were taking heavy losses, so they pulled back to the woods and left the heroes alone for the time being. They had not seen any sign of Fyer, which meant that he either stayed in the tree line or he had not come at all. All the team knew was that it was time to finish this, which meant that tomorrow night they would be the ones who attacked and they would finish off Fyers and all of his men once and for all. They couldn't keep doing this every night. Once this was done, they were all one step closer to getting back home so that they could all protect their city from anyone who was a threat to it.