30

Chapter lowkey long asf

V I N C E N T

I drank my sorrows away all weekend.

What I did to Nina was painful for me. She was a ray of sunshine for me and even with her little snarky remarks, I enjoyed every second I had with her.

But I needed to do this.

Not just for me but for Damien.

He may say that he doesn't need any help but I can see through his facade. Damien is getting weaker and he continues to cough up blood but tries to hide the tissues at the bottom of the trashcan.

The day after we went to visit a doctor I decided that I will be moving to New York to watch out for him.

I already looked up teacher positions at NYU and the Dean of faculty emailed me a few days ago saying that there is an open slot for an American Government position.

It's what's best for my family. No matter that I feel completely empty now that Nina is no longer in my life anymore.

Sunday night, Damien comes walking into my house and sees me leaning against my kitchen island with my fourth glass of scotch in my hand.

"How's business?" I slur out, gulping more of the stingy liquid.

I don't even have to look at him to know that he's pissed about something. I can feel his aurora all the way from where I'm standing.

"Didn't work out. The CEO is a douchebag but don't worry, I left my mark on his ugly ass face." He growls out and plops down on the stool across from me, rubbing his now bruised knuckles. He looks from me to my glass and arches a brow. "Why are you drinking?"

I laugh humorously and down the rest of my drink before pouring another glass full.

"I let go of my little submissive."

Damien shoots out of his seat with a mixture of shock and anger.

What the fuck is he angry about?

"You did what?!" He yells, walking over to me and snatching the glass from my hand. I try to grab it from him but end up stumbling over my own feet. I grip the counter to stabilize myself.

"Are you deaf? I said I ended it with Nina!" I try to grab my glass again but Damien moves further away from me and pours my scotch down the drain.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" He's angry. Angrier then when he found out that he has cancer.

"Why the fuck are you mad about this? It's not your business." I growl out, stumbling out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my bedroom.

It still smells like her. My room is filled with her alluring scent. I fall face first on my bed and inhale a deep breath to smell her lingering perfume on my sheets. I want to fucking cry. This shouldn't be so painful. I've had other submissives before her that I've ended contracts with but it wasn't as painful as this one.

Damien loud footsteps get louder as he enters my room.

"You're a real fucking asshole." My cousin says. I turn my head to look at him but all I see are two blurry figures dancing around.