16✔️

Mature Content

N I N A

"Ugh!" Mila screams slamming her history book closed with force. "This is too fucking hard!"

I laugh when she throws herself on her bed with her face in the pillow, screaming into it.

"It's really not." I tell her, flipping the page of my book and writing down important events with their dates.

We have a history test tomorrow and Mila is currently flipping her shit because she has no idea what's going on. I can't really blame her though considering she has dyslexia so that's why I offered to come over and study with her.

Mila's head pops up and then glares at me which only makes me laugh more.

"Easy for you to say. You don't get numbers and letters mixed up!" She throws hers hands up in exasperation before shoving her face back into her pillow.

I roll my eyes.

"That's why I'm here to help you, Mila. I know that you struggle more than others and I want to make sure that you don't fail this test." I close my book and then pull my new braids—that I got done recently—to the side before laying my head down on the pillow next to her.

We're already two months into the school year and this test will either make you or break you in the class. Our school only allows two major tests in each class with one being taken each semester. If we fail then we either have to take it again in the summer or redo the school year.

Mila is slowly losing it because she doesn't want to have to ruin her summer by retaking the class or even retake her senior year like her idiot boyfriend. Jax is a year older than us but had to retake his senior year because he spent last year partying and rarely going to school because he was always hungover.

"We should take a break." She finally says after five minutes of moping.

I laugh and nudge her with my elbow before sitting back up.

"We literally just started studying thirty minutes ago."

She rolls her eyes and gets up from the bed.

"Yeah, well my brain can't take anymore of this shit." And then she's walking downstairs. She comes back two minutes later with a bowl of popcorn and two cans of Dr. Pepper. She hands me one and places the bowl on my lap before sitting down next to me.

"Come on, Mila. I promised that I'll help you and you're not even trying!" I exclaim with a small laugh.

I try to open my book up again but she just kicks it on the floor. I glare at her and she winks at me before turning on the TV.

"Can't I just copy off of you? You literally are so smart and I'm the dumb friend who can never get anything right." She takes a handful of popcorn and shoves it in her mouth.

"And how will you learn?" I arch my brow at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. Oh by the way, Jax is on his way." She tells me.

Are you fucking kidding me right now?

As she scrolls through Netflix, I start packing up my things to leave. There is no way that I'm staying here with that asshole.