Kik, Death, and Games

Chapter Seven

Kik, Death, and Games

Louis' POV

I was sitting with Eleanor Calder, both of us watching Liam's twitcam but it looked like Liam was leaving. Eleanor and I were working on model poses for upcoming magazine shoots that the lads & I have to do.

Eleanor and I have been pretty good friends since we tried a relationship but I met Whitney and we gave up. She is now dating a lad named Brendan, and they've been going steady for about 3 months. I was happy for her.

I focused on the screen and my jaw clenched. Niall and Whitney were sitting there. They exchanged some words and laughter. I could see the love in her eyes. The same love her eyes held when she looked at me. Eleanor settled her hand on my shoulder.

I wanted to wave it away but I didn't have the strength. I don't know whats worse: Loving someone so much that it hurts and have to compete with someone for her OR loving someone so much that it hurts and see them profess the same love for someone else as well as for me.

Niall was saying something to Whitney, but she was tense, sitting there. Her eyes trailed to the bottom of the screen. Over 100,000 people were watching this twitcam, unfortunately me being one. I don't know why we stopped to watch this but I can't tear my eyes away. There was the girl I loved, with one of my best mates who loves her as well while I was here.

Eleanor gasped, lowly but I still heard it. My vision focused on the screen again. My heart clenched, I felt like I couldn't breathe. In the time I was lost in my thoughts, Niall had moved Whitney to his lap and now they were kissing. I didn't care that it was in front of hundreds of thousands of people, I just couldn't believe it had happened. I knew it would, deep down. I didn't want to believe it but Niall can be convincing. I choked back a sob and Eleanor dropped onto the couch next to me.

@Louis_Tomlinson: Congrats to #Whiall. @NiallOfficial finally got the girl. Can't deny the sparks that flew. Hope you're happy.

I tweeted, and tried so hard to ignore the worldwide trending topics. I looked at the screen and saw that Whitney wasn't visible anymore, only Niall. I turned up the volume a bit and heard Niall say something but then the screen went black before saying 'OFFLINE'. A sob escaped my lips. I don't know why I was crying. I felt so vulnerable when I did, so I tried not to. I tried my hardest to keep it all in, even around Whitney, around my family but I couldn't hold it in.

Eleanor pulled me into a hug and tried to whisper comforting words in my ear. But I couldn't handle hearing her trying to comfort me. I stood up and wiped at my tears hastily.

"Louis, don't do anything irrational, okay?" Eleanor called after me, as I walked out of the flat. She knew better than to try and stop me. I passed Brendan on my way out but we didn't say anything. It was easier that way.

"What was he doing here?" I heard Brendan ask and Eleanor pulled him into the flat. I could barely see through my tears so I sat in the car, trying to calm myself down long enough to drive. I wanted so badly to say I was done with Whitney, and honestly be able to mean it but I knew I couldn't and wouldn't mean it. My heart was forever hers, and I couldn't get it back. Even after everything we've gone through together, I quite frankly don't want it back.

I had calmed down enough to see, so I pulled out and headed towards my home. No, not the flat the lads & I shared, but my home. My home in Doncaster. Where I had a loving family and my mum would know what to do. My heart hurt, but I drove throught the pain, even when I wanted to turn off the road and scream bloody murder. I barely had the strength to keep my foot on the pedal with leveled weight.