Chapter 34

I walk in to the house happy that we had successfully stayed away for two whole hours and I didn’t feel the need to call Niall and ask how he was doing. I was really reluctant to leave in the first place. Jess however was tired and asked me to drop her off on the way home so she could catch up on a bit of sleep before William came home. So I dropped her off and went over to the lads house or as everyone else calls it, Niall’s house to go pick up the little man.

I look around for Niall and don’t see him, William is fast asleep in the bassinette that was by the sofa and as I walked closer to the sofa I saw Noelle was sitting there with her knees pulled up to her chin and she was crying. “Noelle?” I ask cautiously.

“Oh, hi Harry.” She sniffed and looked up at me.

“Is everything alright?” I ask her curiously. Come to think of it, Niall’s range rover wasn’t in the drive when I arrived. I wonder where he went.

“Niall left,” She whimpers and pulls her knees down from her chin and wipes her eyes. I sigh and sit next to her on the sofa.

“What happened?”

“He got mad at me because I asked him to turn the volume on the telly down,” She whispered sadly. That’s unusual why would Niall crack it at something so small, Jess tells me to turn down the volume on the telly all the time.

“Are you sure that’s why he got mad?” I ask her curiously.

“He got mad at me when I asked him what was wrong and when I sat next to him he moved away. He told me that when we fight I make this sad face and I make him feel guilty and then he just left, I don’t know what I did?” She says as fresh tears spill over her eyes and she starts to cry again. I feel bad for the poor girl, sometimes Niall treats her so badly and we can’t say anything about it because he gets mad at us. I’m not sure he means to be so horrible to her, after all he says that he loves her.

“Maybe he was just having a bad day, I’m sure he didn’t mean it.” I say half-heartedly. I think it’s wrong the way he treats her and if he had won Jess over I can’t imagine how Louis or I would feel about the way he treated her. So I felt like I shouldn’t approve of the way he treats Noelle sometimes.

“He was so horrible,” She breathes as she shuffles over to me on the sofa and leans her head on my shoulder.

“He’ll come back soon and apologise, you know what he’s like.” I tell her and hug her gently before standing up and walking over to the bassinette where William was. Noelle wipes her tears again and stands up.

''''''''''''''''''''

Jess’ point of view

 I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and it didn’t seem like very long when William’s high pitched cries caught my attention and I dragged myself from bed and walked over to the bassinette where he was lying. I looked at the clock and gasped when I saw the time, I had been sleeping for three hours.

“Harry?” I call out as I pick up William and take him to his room so I can change him and organise a feed. He must be starving.