Chapter 26

I sit there awkwardly thinking quietly. Did I have feelings for Niall?

“I won’t judge if you do,” Eleanor murmurs quietly as I sit there in silence. Would things change if I admitted to having feelings for Niall? Do I even have feelings for him? It’s hard to tell the difference between loving Niall as my best friend and being in love with Niall. I don’t know what being in love with Niall feels like.

Over the last few months I’ve probably spent more time not talking to Niall than actually talking to him. He’s done so many things to try and break Harry and I up that I think that if it worked he would have lost any chance that he ever had. I don’t trust him enough to be in a relationship with him. But then I go back and think about all those times when Harry wasn’t there, he was amazing to me. He held my hair while I was sick, he held me when I was upset and he generally cared about me. I think back to those sweet kisses that we shared and how he told me that he would look after me, he made me feel loved when Harry didn’t.  

“I think that once I did I have feelings for him, I’m not sure about now though. I can’t imagine myself in a relationship with him,” I say finally. I glance at Eleanor and it looked like she had been holding her breath. “He sort of screwed that up for himself when he started trying to ruin things for me and Harry,” I add.

If things didn’t work out with Harry I can’t imagine myself running to Niall and telling him that I love him. He’s my best friend not a rebound. “Yeah I guess so, how are you feeling by the way?” She asks.

“I’m doing ok, the pain killers do wonders. How are you doing?” I ask her. She looks exhausted, but that being said pregnancy really suits her and I understand why Louis always says that he thinks he loves her better in her pregnant state, she’s absolutely stunning.

“I’m feeling alright, nearly had a heart attack when Lou told me that you had been taken to the hospital, what happened?”

“Harry asked me to go to down stairs and grab his phone,” I started. “I went down stairs and I missed one step and rolled my ankle and fell the rest of the way,” I finish sending a shiver down my spine as I relive the accident. “I landed on my back, thank god.” I whisper.

“I can’t imagine what that would have been like, where was Harry?” She asks.

“He was in the bathroom,”

“How long were you there for?” She seems really worried now, even though she knows I’m ok and I’m in the bed in her spare bedroom.

“Not that long thank god, Olly came home just after and got Harry,”

Eleanor and I chat for a while before I start to become sleepy, so she leaves me be and I take a nap. When I wake up I get a pleasant surprise, Harry is lying next to me with his arm draped over my belly protectively. He shoots up quickly when I groan and move. “Hey baby,” He coos with a soft smile on his face. He sits up and leans down to kiss me softly. “Did you miss me?” He chuckles as he buries his head in to the crook of my neck and lies down beside me again.

“No,” I grumbled as I close my eyes again. My hands find their way to his hand that is placed on my belly once again and I slide my fingers between his and sigh as that familiar tingly feeling runs through my body.