Chapter 31

Words cannot describe how bad I actually feel for Caroline, she’s been trying to get in contact with Zayn for months and he’s just ignoring her! When Zayn walked out of the spare bedroom he was holding his cheek and looking sorry for himself. I wanted nothing more than to go over to him and slap some sense in to him.

Caroline was in the same situation I had been in, she was pregnant, scared and probably feeling alone. I can’t say that she has a lot of support because as far as I know none of us apart from Niall occasionally talk to her, Olly won’t have a thing to do with her and I’m not sure about her family and other friends. Niall followed Zayn out of the bedroom shaking his fist.

I stood up and decided to put William down for a sleep. “Niall come with me,” I tell him as I walk through the house and down to the bedroom. I put him in the bassinette and turn off the light, I’m really lucky to have such a chilled out baby he just doesn’t mind.

“Sorry,” Niall mutters. He followed me to the bedroom and he’s standing by the door.

I smile softly at my best friend, “Why are you apologising?”

“For punching Zayn,” He says.

“Don’t apologise to me I think you did what everyone in the room wanted to do to be honest.” I shrugged my shoulders and took his hand leading him in to the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. I took his hand and inspected it carefully. He had split one of knuckles and the others were quite swollen, he must have punched Zayn really hard. Not that he didn’t deserve it.

“Did you know that Zayn had been with Caroline?” Niall asks me curiously as I run a wash cloth under cold water. I look up at Niall with a surprised expression, it’s almost amused.

“You’re kidding right? I can’t stand that bitch, when she showed up at the door both Harry and I thought that the baby was his.” I tell him and apply the wash cloth to his knuckles gently.

“Oh right, why did she come here though?”

“She came and asked for help, I guess now that she’s half way through the pregnancy she was starting to get worried. I’m not even sure if she’s gone public yet,” I fix up Niall’s knuckles and then we quietly walk out of the room without disturbing William who is staring at up the ceiling and making funny little baby sounds.

When we got back out to the living room Harry, Liam and Zayn were talking quietly. Zayn was still cupping his cheek so I touched him on the shoulder gently and asked him to follow me so I could fix him up. He’s still a close friend and I feel the need to fix him up. And then I might slap his other cheek to even it up a little. He followed me down to the bedroom and in to the bathroom and I got another washcloth and ran it under water. “Want to tell me how this happened?” I asked him as I turned around and applied the cloth to his cheek.

“We had sex,” He mutters.

“Well I sort of gathered that but, look what I’m trying to ask is … why would you sleep with Caroline?!” Smooth Jess talk to him like he’s twelve and drive him away, great idea.