39. Paris

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

F E B R U A R Y 2006

Though he was still in the same old rut, George was attending more and more family events. If it wasn't for the constant, but loving, pressure from his sister in law, Adelaide, he would have curled back into the ball of slop on his couch, sinking further back into the life of a recluse.

"George?" Adelaide called out again, working to get her brother in laws attention.

"Hm?" George broke free from the palace within his mind, pushing back the latest memory he had found himself rewatching over and over again. This latest memory was from Aurora's birthday, when they weren't together - from when he made love to her on his couch because neither of them had any control over their impulses.

"I asked if you wanted some tea." Adelaide posed the question once more, her blue eyes searching George's as she tried to get a read on what he had been thinking about.

"Oh, yes, please." He blinked a couple of times to pull himself back out of the trance before putting his attention on the blonde perched beside him on the couch.

"Have you spoken to her?" Adelaide asked, putting in a small dollop of honey into her mug, slowly swirling the thick liquid in, blending it with the hot tea with her magic before she curled up into the edge of the couch, holding the mug against her chest.

"Of course not." He replied flatly. He knew his sister was just trying to get him to talk, to open up about his feelings, but he didn't want to. The truth of the matter was he had not spoken to Aurora since the break up. His heart was broken, but also his pride was fighting the inner battle over the hurt and already beginning to win.

He was not planning on apologizing for how he had ever treated her. He didn't want to, nor did he think he needed to. They were both in the wrong in many different ways, and George was just...well, he was stubborn.

"Don't say it like that, George." Adelaide sighed softly and sipped the tea from her mug before looking over at the man in pain. "Because, well now don't hate me, but I think you need to talk to her. To actually open up about your feelings, about many different things not just your relationship."

"I'm not doing that, Addy. You know you're not going to be able to goad me into anything I don't want to do." George smirked slightly, glancing back up from his tea to look at the blonde to his left who just frowned in response.

Truthfully, there was a part of George that missed Aurora. He missed her laugh, her gentle touch... the way she moaned when she reached her climax. But with the good, the great even, came the bad and the ugly. He didn't miss her overreactive nature when it came to his humor. He could never change who he was, he would never try, but she knew that was how he was. He loathed the idea that she had tried to change him in any way.