35. 30 Days

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

S E P T E M B E R 2005

30 days. 30 days of apparent freedom. Aurora didn't enjoy the single life when she was younger. Unfortunately she always felt like she needed someone to be with her to help her through the days, through her ups and her downs. She wasn't sure why it took her two separate failed relationships in the span of two, almost three, years to realize that she was far better off on her own than with someone who did not honor her beliefs, or respect her wishes.

She felt free, albeit still sad. She knew a part of her would always love George but then the memories of how he degraded her muggle way of life kept creeping back up in her mind and she instantly became enraged. How could she be so stupid? How could she waste two years of her young life to be with a man who belittled how she wanted to live her life? Furthermore, how could she miss him the way that she did?

Currently, she was nestled in a comfy armchair in a coffee shop in London, her hands wrapped tightly around the hot mug before she took a small sip. The scalding liquid burnt her tongue, and soon after, her throat. She took it as punishment for sitting here worrying about George and what he was doing. He was probably just waking up, opening up shop with Verity.

Or maybe he was waking up in someone else's bed. Another witch. One who wasn't afraid of magic, one who could warm his bed with not just her body but her mind. He deserved to be happy, she knew that, but she also wanted him to suffer just as much as she was.

She placed the coffee down and picked up the local newspaper to try and busy herself with the ongoing news of the world - or atleast London.

"Rory?"

Blinking herself out of the daze she was in, Aurora turned in her chair and looked up at the woman standing beside her.

"Hermione?"

Aurora stood up and greeted the girl with a hug, though she could barely get a good hug in as Hermione's swollen pregnant belly stood in the way.

"What are you doing here?" Aurora asked once they both sat down across from one another.

"I like the green tea smoothie from this place." Hermione laughed softly, her hands gently rubbing along her belly before she looked up at Aurora.

"And that's all?" Aurora teased, taking another sip of her coffee.

"Gin told me you like this place. And seeing as it was either me or Harry willing to travel here to check in on you, I figured you'd rather see me." Hermione shrugged, licking her lips before taking a long sip of the green tea smoothie in her hands. Atleast she wasn't lying about that.

"I wish you lot didn't worry about me. I'm okay. I'll be okay. Breakups happens, this is unfortunately nothing new for me." Aurora laughed.

She knew Hermione didn't want to pry, but she could sense the feeling of sadness and intrigue radiating from the pregnant woman across from her.