Chapter 13

18 days

18 days.

18 days since I got my offer from the Islanders and in that time I have made zero decisions, told zero people and created about 1000 pro and con lists in my head. The lists by the way aren't helping, if anyone was curious. Though I guess that was obvious by the fact it is day 18 and still nothing...nada...zippo.

But, but in my defense I haven't put much thought into it this week because things have been kind of hectic since Bray decided to come out to the entire world Sunday. Thankfully the reactions has been mainly good; the Flyers and Michigan were both quick to show him tons of support. He has also been on a few sports talk shows like ESPN and SportsCenter plus Wednesday he was on Good Morning America. I have, well we all have, tried to be as supportive as possible while also not torpedoing our own careers but even the best fall down sometimes.

Fuck Francesca is right I am so fucking corny. Stop singing early 2000's hits randomly bro.

Anyways, we were supposed to ignore any hate we saw toward Bray. Michigan's athletic departments actually specifically reached out to me, Francesca, Parker, Luna, Tristan and Stan to tell us we aren't to engage under any circumstances. That lasted all of 3 hours, until Monday afternoon, when Parker made a fake twitter and began dragging anyone who dared speak badly about his boyfriend. The fake accounts began piling up from there, on Twitter and Instagram; and the 7 of us began to spend all our free time fighting.

But then I slipped. I was logged into my personal, verified, instagram and not one of the two fake ones I had created, when I dragged a fan who literally had a picture of me and him as his profile picture. The second I noticed what I had done I tried to delete it; unfortunately for me screenshots live forever. The screenshot spread like wildfire and soon I was getting calls from Michigan and dragged into the Islanders front office for a "talk". They weren't all that mad and it wasn't like most people weren't agreeing with me but they still said I need to reframe from now on because me cursing out fans is bad for the brand. I understood, posted a sorta non apology where I basically said I am not sorry I said it just sorry I got caught and then got a lot more careful about which account I was on before commenting.

"Your fanpage is going so hard for Bray," Francesca says from her spot at the pool's edge. She is leaning back on her elbows on a pool towel in a little white bikini that makes her look incredible, with her legs dangling in the water. I was swimming laps while she tanned until I got distracted a few minutes ago thinking about everything.

"Which one," I ask, swimming over so she can show me.

"This one," she says as she sits up, adjusting her sunglasses so they rest on the top of her head, and turns the phone toward me.

The account isn't one I recognize, but they have like 2,000 followers already, which is crazy. It's weird to see fan accounts about myself but the support is always appreciated. It does make me feel a little special that of all the players you could make an account for I was the one they choose, so I try my best to follow all the ones I find.