23. Zaddy

・゚: *・゚:*

"Why do you call him daddy?"

"Why do I call who what?" I asked in disbelief narrowing my eyes at Roman.

The two of us were sitting in loungers near the pools, you know that bed-like beach chairs, meanwhile Jordan and Blake went to buy drinks for the four of us.

"Jordan. You call him daddy." He calmly said as if what he is implying is something normal and totally undeniable. To be fair, for him it's probably normal.

"What? I don't." I sat correctly in my chair to look at him better. Do you know that moment where you are watching tv laying down and when the show is getting interesting you gotta sit down to actually see? In this case, I needed to sit down to argue correctly.

Danny. I call him freaking Danny.

"I mean I know you two are you know," he paused to blew kisses in the air. "but if you are calling him daddy it's probably serious."

What the hell does that even mean?

"Roman, you hit you head in the water slide or it's it the drugs talking?" I said looking at him with a serious look but I can't ever be serious with him. "I call him Danny."

"Danny? Years of friendship, if you could call it that, and I never knew he is also named Daniel." He looked genuinely confused. "And for your information, the medicine was bussin." He added.

Explaining something to Roman is a whole sport, but here goes nothing.

"Jor-dan, I took the 'dan' and added a 'y', so it creates 'Danny'." I tried my best to keep it short and understandable.

"Aw can I be called Rommy?"

"You want me to call you that?" Jordan hates his nickname and Roman wants to have a nickname? I think I gave a nickname to the wrong person.

"Yes, being called Roman all the time is boring, only my mom gives me nicknames but her's are weird."

"Then I'll call you Rommy, Rommy." I smiled at him and I could see his mood change. He stood up and carefully hugged me, probably remembering my sore arm.

"Thank you, Pumpkin. Sorry if I hug you a lot, I love hugs but I have no one to hug." He said still hugging me, making me hug him tightly. I feel like he is slightly opening up to me and that makes me happy.

"Don't apologize, you can always hug me!" I love his hugs, I pity everyone who misses them out.

We broke the hug and kept talking about random things such as why gummy bears from different brands taste different.

"I swear those things are made of weird chemicals, but am I gonna stop buying them? Hell nah." He said as our conversation grew leaving space for subtopics and shit. Roman has a lot to say about a lot of things.

I do too, but I don't actually say them.

"Here." Jordan said extending his hand with my lemonade for me to grab it. "Thanks." I said taking a sip from it.

"Took you fucking forever guys, we were already bringing politics to gummy bears, and you know that conversation was long when politics are brought on." Roman said taking his drink from Blake as well.

"Well next time go for your own drink." Blake said.

"My feet hurts, I can't walk that much! I was gonna say 'thank you very much guys', but now you are only getting a simple thank you." Roman said before standing up and taking a big sip from his Fanta. "Let's go, pool time." He said clapping his hands.