09. Car Ride

After school I looked for Jess and her friends so we can go. After waiting for about 10 minutes in the hallway, her friends Jake and Eve finally showed up.

"Who even is taking us?" Eve asks chewing her gum.

"Well definitely not Jake because he is an idiot." Jess says irritated and Jake rolls his eyes in response.

"My friends are taking us, I'm sure you will like them." I say without thinking twice. Are they my friends tho? They feel like friends, so I'll just go with it.

"You will probably like them a little too much, have you seen them? They are fine as hell. I couldn't believe Adira when she told me she hangs with them." Jess says and her last sentence made my heart drop. I don't think she meant it in a bad way, but I couldn't help but question myself, is it too difficult to believe I can be friends with them? I have always known they are too good for me, but someone kinda confirming that made my heart feel heavy.

"And who the hell are these dudes?" Jake asks annoyed of our talk about boys, distracting me from the overwhelming round of thoughts that were taking place in my head.

"Um they are actually coming right now." I point at them as they are walking towards us. "That three tall men." They seem to be mad at each other, they never get tired of fighting.

"Fuck a threesome, I want a foursome with these three." Eve says directing her gaze to Jess, Jake and I unconsciously look at each other with the same face of disgust. Her comment was kinda funny, but still what the hell.

"Told ya." Jess says winking at her.

"You ready, pumpkin?" Roman says as the three of them join us. I really hope they didn't heard any of what they where saying.

"Yeah, we are ready here!" I say in a louder voice than intended.

"Pumpkin? Aw how cute." Jake says with clearly sarcasm in his voice.

"Got a problem?" Roman says defensively.

"That's such a silly name for such a cute girl." Jake says winking at me with the same creepy smirk in his face that makes me want to run behind Jordan and cover myself with his large body.

This Jake guy is really creeping me out, I'm probably being paranoid but he is just acting really weird, and I don't like it.

As if Jordan could read my mind, he moved closer to me and put a reassuring hand in my back.

"Ok enough of this, let's go already." Blake says saving the day, standing between a smiley Jake and a Jordan that seems about to lose it. I understand him, Jake has a really punchable face and he is being so annoying.

"Yeah Jake, shut the hell up you are ruining our only chance of a ride." Jess says kicking the back of Jake's head.

.

"Who the hell thought it was a good idea to fit 7 people in a car of 5?"

"Me, of course. It will be a little bit tight but you can fit, stop complaining Blake." Roman says opening his door.

"Well, Jake can carry Adira, this tall guy can carry me and Jess can sit in the middle, that way we can fit 5 in the back." Eve plans, and let me say that I freaking hate that plan. I'll sit in Jake's lap for the whole ride? Just the thought of it made my anxiety grow, this is way worse than the creepy smirk. But Roman offered to drive us and this is how we all can fit so I can't complain.

"Fine by me." Jake says looking at me and I just give him a little fake smile trying to hide my face of panic.

"Jordan always gets the front seat, Blake can carry y'all." Roman says knowing Jordan won't agree with carrying Eve.