Chapter Thirty

~~~

~~~

Me, Jacob, Benjamin and Benjamin's wife where all sat around a bonfire. I had yet to learn her name and I guess I never would.

"That's what I'm talkin' about." Jacob said siting next to me hugging my side. "A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories." He looked over to the other vampires who where stood frozen to the ground. "Or just standing there like frickin' statues."

"Name any American battle. I was there." Garret sped over and sat on a log rubbing his hands.

"Little Bighorn." I told him. He stared intensely into the fire and put his fingers close together.

"I came this close to biting Custer. But the lndians got him first."

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople." Kate said speeding over and siting on garrets lap. "He didn't win that one on his own." She told us.

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' War." Liam tells us. "No one does rebellion like the lrish." He spoke proudly.

"You lost the Eleven Years' War." I told him.

"Aye. But it was one hell of a rebellion." He told me and I nodded.

~~~

"When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favour seekers. Such was our power." Everyone was now either standing around the campfire or sitting on a log. "But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints." Vladimir told us.

"We were honest about what we were." Stefan finished his sentence.

"We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify." Vladimir continued.

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Stefan looked down. He looked sad about them burning there castles.

"We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages." Vladimir tells us.

~~~

I know this is a very short chapter. I wanted to save the 'big fight' for next chapter. So I could fit it in in one/ two chapters.

Iris xx