Chapter XL: The Diary

Keya's POV:

Darkness was what I could feel around as my soul screamed for help. I couldn't see anything because of the blindfold on my eyes. The tightrope all over my body and tape on my mouth weren't helping my situation. 

I know, my life has pulled me down but to get abducted and held captive was something more terrifying. Also, the person was known too well. I should have anticipated it if I paid attention. I overlooked all the flashing hints as usual. Nothing new. Same old.

From my only organ left free of tying I tried to hear any movements. When I heard none, straining a little I tried to listen again. I heard somebody move behind me. My heart rate accelerated for the unknown things they might do. And there are so many.

Where I was taken to I don't know, except we have been traveling since I got abducted. How much time went by I couldn't tell as I have been blindfolded. But as the time passes my chances for escape and hope they found me on time were reducing to none to zilch. 

Maybe I made another mistake. Maybe my last one.

I tried to adjust my vision with the removal of the blindfold. Blinking a few times I glared at the culprit in front. And as I told earlier with twenty people in the room. We are staying here for more than five hours now. The room was anything but dark. Everything could be seen clearly. With no evidence of dust I can tell one might come here quite often. 

I struggled with the rope clamped hand sitting on a chair but failed. I tried to curse him but only muffled voices came with the tape on my mouth. My throat was parched, lacking hydration. And I was hungry as a bull, for food, and for their destruction. They don't know what they have gotten into.

Nonetheless, my captivator wasn't smiling or enjoying it as I thought. No. His expressions transpired pain as if he had been kidnapped. What an idiot!

Sighing he got up from his chair and strode towards me. Bending to my level, he began, "Believe my agony when I say I'm hurting myself by hurting you. Once you understood that you belonged to me and dropped the fight. I will set you free. Until then don't even ask."

There wasn't a single emotion displayed when he said that part though. 

When I had made a friend, I never thought of getting deceived one day. Even when his shenanigans were doubtful it never occurred to me that he could be dangerous. How wrong I was! Sakash is not less than evil.

He kept chanting that I was promised to him. That I was his from the beginning. That Gashmir came in between and ruined everything. What does that even mean?! What am I?! A thing to conquer?! 

"Your confusion___" I wanted to clarify to him that all my confusion had already been cleared up, but before he got cut off by an entry.

I got aww struck by the entry of my kidnapper mother with the elegance she worked all her life. She always had been attentive towards her appearance. Back then, also, when she should have focused on her daughter's studies and growing up, she hadn’t. Rather she paid a lot of attention to her company and her own progress.