Chapter XXX: Nature Me

I felt light touches on my shoulder along with some mumbling. I was too tired to wake up or pay attention. So I ignored whatever that was and slept. I didn't sleep last night due to some brown eyed guy. This time though, I am not being careless. Cause I know, the people I was with won't do me any harm. They will protect me no matter what.

Atleast that's what I thought.

So, imagine my surprise when I woke up in a bed with unfamiliar surroundings. Last time before I fell asleep I was in a car with my parents on our way to Mussoorie. And now I found myself in this lavish room. From where I could have this generous view. The peaceful sky high mountains. The tranquility they have couldn't be compromised with anything.

Tossing the sheets aside I walked to my french door, opened it, and went out on the balcony. A shiver ran down my body as soon as the cool breeze hit my skin. My hair was dancing with the sound of air. I stood at the edge, closed my eyes, opened my arms as I welcomed myself to this wonderful place, enjoying it's serenity.

Although the peace was captivating, enrapturing, I have people to interact with. Sighing, I opened my eyes, walked back inside the room. Closing the door behind I made my way out.

The corridor was empty as if I was the only person in this bungalow. Was it?! Where did everyone go?! They left me alone in an unknown place. What a wonderful family I have!

While stepping down the stairs I hear loud cheering noises from outside. Walking closer I got the view clearer. There was everyone celebrating the success of their children. Everyone had flute glass in their hands when Uncle Shenoy raised a toast while saying something.

I watched them from afar having the time of their life. My heart ached as I got jealous of what I couldn't have. That's true. No matter what, the truth won't change. And the truth was I lost whatever I had when I was two.

Era threw an arrogant smirk my way when her gaze fell on me. She whispered something in Mr. Jha's ear before he reacted with a hearty laugh.

Sighing, I turned and went to my room to drown in my hollowness. Where I cry recalling the days I spent with my daddu. He was the best thing that ever happened to me. I miss him.

After some time I hear two familiar voices entering my room. I pretend to sleep, not in the mood to deal with their fakeness. Otherwise, they wouldn't have celebrated whatever they were celebrating outside. They would have waited for me. I won't fall for their fake care or kindness again.

"Why is she still asleep?! Is she not feeling well?!" Mr. Jha whispered. I would have misunderstood it for concern if I hadn't seen them celebrating without me. I mean, they can celebrate, without me, but they don't need to put an act of care infront of me.

Mrs. Jha agreed, "I think we should check upon her. It's been really long since she fell asleep."

Disappointed, I got up prior to their call. They wouldn't leave that was for sure. Mrs. Jha gasped the moment she saw me. I could comprehend why I received that horrible reaction, Jha couple was beside me on my bed.