Chapter XXI: That Child

The problem with human nature is that they tend to ignore things that don't interest them. They avoid it unless and until it costs them big. Or at least have damaged enough to have their attention. By that time it's probably too late. 

If anyone asks me personally I would suggest ignoring them all. That might explain the situation I currently got stuck in. 

My daddu’s unconditional love, his undiverted attention on me as I grew up. He behaved as if I was his damn universe. It was all because I thought I was his favorite. I thought he would meet my demands because my mother was super busy and my father was dead. But was it?!

When my daddu’s condition worsened I thought it was natural. As an old man his heart wasn’t getting any better. So, it was ought to happen, his health was justified. That time my daddu asked me to marry out of the blue, anyhow I must have been alerted. Nevertheless, I still ignored those heavy signs.

Those were the signs of this ill- fated destiny. Those were the signs of this gruesome truth.

After rushing out of Gashmir's flat I poured my heart out to my mother. I cried about the grave reality my life has become after that marriage. I let go of all the burden, baggage I was carrying for almost twenty three months. And couldn't feel more light, relieved after it. 

For the time, my mother listened, never interrupting for once whether I whined, cried or cursed. Infact she got annoyed that I hid it from her and tolerated it for this long. She was furious after I complained about Jyotiraditya Shenoy's hidden worth that he forced his own grandson into it. I was under the impression that I have her. As my backbone. 

I didn't know I was only missing the signs. The signs of destruction. 

Confronting Jyotiraditya Shenoy was the last thing on my mind. That man scares me to life. However, it was on my agenda. I thought I had my mother with me afterall. 

With that support, I took the next flight and went to his mansion. I had had enough of Shenoys shenanigans. Whether it had to be Gashmir Shenoy or Jyotiraditya Shenoy. 

Last time when I spent time with Jyotiraditya Shenoy daddu in Gashmir's flat I thought, I had him befriended. Was I wrong?! No matter what, I couldn’t decide whom to trust anymore.

With hurry I was about to enter the mansion but stuck dead in my tracks. The conversation that fell on my ears, I wished I never should have tried this ever. I should have ignored it as I always did. At least I would have been happy to be ignorant.

"Enough, Mr. Shenoy. I am not here to beg you. I am here to take my daughter with me. She was not treated well here. She told me everything. How your grandson was forced into this. How you threatened him for his career. How your daughter in law behaved during this all," I wasn't surprised to hear my mother's voice. I mean I could expect this after what I told her. I was about to interrupt my mother, who was busy glaring at Aunt Malvika. 

Though I hate Aunt Malvika, I won't drag her into this. And I swear I did not tell my mother anything about Aunt Malvika's behavior towards me. I mean, it's justifying her behavior as her son was being forced into this. That too, by his own grandfather for some unknown reasons. 

"Oh, please," rolling her eyes, Aunt Malvika chipped in. Dramatic as always. "Do us a favor and take her. We won't stop you. Nobody wants her here, anyways. And if we had known in advance that she was your daughter, we would not have allowed her to enter this house."

Looks like I won't be stopping my mom if she decides to throw a punch or two in Aunt Malvika's way. I think she needs some face massage the way she was making faces.